How much boost

dac69er

Super Moderator
You can run 14psi for short bursts. 12psi is about the happy point.
It won't take long on the stock setup for everything to get too hot and not perform well once you increase the boost.

If you get a hybrid ct9, front mount intercooler a decat and exhaust then 16-17 psi is about the max you can push it.

This is assuming the turbo is in decent condition in the first place. If it's on its way out, pushing it harder is likely to make it smokey as a best case.

Good day guy how much boost can a stock ct9 system handle?am running 8lbs at the moment
i see you're from the Caribbean, where daily temperatures are typically high (30c) and gas quality is sometimes questionable...if your car is completely stock,,as in stock top mount intercooler, stock exhaust manifold, stock downpipe, stock exhaust, stock ecu, etc...then i'd suggest you stick with the stock low/high boost levels,,,somewhere between 4psi to 9psi range

infinite

Member +
i see you're from the Caribbean, where daily temperatures are typically high (30c) and gas quality is sometimes questionable...if your car is completely stock,,as in stock top mount intercooler, stock exhaust manifold, stock downpipe, stock exhaust, stock ecu, etc...then i'd suggest you stick with the stock low/high boost levels,,,somewhere between 4psi to 9psi range
Yes everything is stock thanks

infinite

Member +
You can run 14psi for short bursts. 12psi is about the happy point.
It won't take long on the stock setup for everything to get too hot and not perform well once you increase the boost.

If you get a hybrid ct9, front mount intercooler a decat and exhaust then 16-17 psi is about the max you can push it.

This is assuming the turbo is in decent condition in the first place. If it's on its way out, pushing it harder is likely to make it smokey as a best case.
Ok thanks