how much is it to go hybrid

templar2007

Member +
i got a gt turbo so say when i got the car the bloke said its got uprated cams and pistons how can you tell and a jam ecu all so how can you tell this to
wot else wot i need to make it a hybrid and how much wood it cost
or is it better goin tdo4 i just dont want to blow it up

Click here

Your ecu will have some kind of marking or sticker on the case showing it's not a stock item, and the only real way to tell whether you have uprated internals when you have no receipts is to take your engine apart and compare to oem parts.

sanchez

Member +
Hard to read that mate...

Are you saying you have bought a GT which has supposedly got uprated cams, forged pistons and a jam ecu??

templar2007

Member +
no my brother did and that wot the bloke said to him yes i bought it off him and i want to no if its ture b4 i do anythink to it
like hybrid it and wot else i needed

I'd just look for a 'JAM' sticker/seal on the ecu and take the cam cover off (to see the cams) first to see if half of what this guy said is true.

Taking the sump off can be a real headache.

Its not common to have uprated cams and forged pistons on a near standard CT9 setup as they are not necessary at that stage.

The JAM ecu will also de-limit speedcut (112mph) and other things such as raising your rev limit past 7200krpm.

Have you experienced the benefits of any of those features?

Joz

churcherj

Member +
anyway as said check your ecu should have a sticker on it...going back to your original post saying you dont wana blow it up....doing 135 and revving to 9000rpm will probably be doing ALOT of damaged to your car, particulary if you are running stock rods, probably shoot one through the block at those revs

EDIT: just read your other post and fair enuf i would probably do that in that circumstance!

Last edited by a moderator:

churcherj

Member +
if you read wot i last put thats why i was goin that fast i dont ever drive like that i was just say thats how i no

Yes and i said fair enuf, dont really wana go off about that, but sounds like its been derestricted. anyway if your unsure of going td04 or hybrid have a search, its been covered thousands of times with alot of info about it to help you decide

templar2007

Member +
Yes and i said fair enuf, dont really wana go off about that, but sounds like its been derestricted. anyway if your unsure of going td04 or hybrid have a search, its been covered thousands of times with alot of info about it to help you decide

ya ok thanks i have i look on here

churcherj

Member +
ya ok thanks i have i look on here

ye theres tons of info on here, probably one of the most asked questions "hyrbd vs td04" so alot of info to browse through. regarding how much it will cost, there is not set figure and it depends what spec/parts you wana buy....really isnt a ballpark figure when it comes to tuning, depends on your budget too

J25GTi

Lifer
It depends what you want. Personally I would go td04 all the way,

It all depends on how much money your looking to spend

churcherj

Member +
with do you think is better and why and wot have you got

im running a td04 aswell and love it, ct9 hybrid for faster spool up for road, but td04 for power.....other combinations are the td12 which is a ct12 with td04 internals, or maybe a custom garrett turbo but your looking at alot more ££££