How much to sell a non-runner for?

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
For those that haven't read I've recently had some (self inflicted) trouble with my car, suspected piston failure. Bad times. I'm now having a dilemma, I've spent shit loads on this car and it just keeps taking. But I love it. But maybe I should grow up and get a normal car. Arrrggh. Anyway, one of the options I'm toying with is selling it as a non-runner, mainly because I don't have the space or equipment to strip it for parts.

So with that in mind what do you guys reckon (if I go this route) I should advertise it for? Its a 99 Glanza V, in white, body work is average to good for a car its age, spec is;
Zisco externally gated td04 kit
emanage ultimate
apexi avcr
ported and polished head

koni adjustable shocks
whiteline springs
cusco lower arm bar
cusco rear brace
whiteline rear arb
white line uprated front arb
whiteline anti lift kit

wilwood 4 pot calipers (front)
braided brake hoses

trd quickshift
quaiffe lsd

As you can see its not a bad spec list at all, a rebuild would see it back to the savage beast it used to be, I'm just not sure if I can justify spending any more on it.
And yes, I know I'd make more if I broke it for parts, but I don't have the time, space or tools.

I welcome your input people, your opinions are gonna shape the future of this car!

ollie454

Member +
tbh mate i cant see a non runner goin for much more than 2200 at the best but there a good spec list on there
good luck what ever you decide to do

aaronw

Member +
pics would maybe help.

my suggestion would be,...what would you sell it as a runner for,then knock off 1-1.5k for the hassel of new engine ect.

aaronw

Member +
EMU ,AVCR and quickshift could be sold separate,then sell the rest whole.

has all the right bits upgraded!! very nice spec

**cough** KEEP IT !!

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
for evaluationpurposes, this is not a for sale thread.
PICT0180.jpg

PICT0181.jpg

Can't find any better pics than that at the minute anyway.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
I live on a RAF base mate, no drive ways or garages to leave it and I'm pretty sure if I started stripping it in the car park the station commander would go ape shit.

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Does look nice shame to strip it...

Shame ya not close to me i have a mossive drive you could use...

Get it sorted an love it some more...

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
eiher store it somewhere, or strip it pal.
it just sitting there and u not knowing what to do is the worse case scenario.

could u not strip aftermarket parts raise funds, and then sell her as she was then ready for someone to take the shell??

xxjack189

Member +
Break it if you want to get the most value out of it, if you dont have the time or whatever your probably going to loose out if you sell it as a whole as generally nobody wants to buy a non runner for good money, regardless of the spec.

thefalls

Member +
It already has a nice spec.
In your place i would try to fix it and start from there.
Selling it as a non runner will be a loss of money and since you cant strip its still another hassle.
So store and repair at a later date.
Dont waste a good spec just like that,just imagine the smile it will put on your face after its all sorted out!

starbuck

Member +
I live on a RAF base mate, no drive ways or garages to leave it and I'm pretty sure if I started stripping it in the car park the station commander would go ape shit.

Mate, hasn't your base got a motor club? It thought most had. Mine has at Cosford. You should bring it here, theres people stripping out LDV vans on the block car parks :haha:

sanchez

Member +
Just rent a garage somewhere mate, and either get a new engine dropped in and sell it or keep it...
Or break it and get alot of your money back, i would be interested in the head :)