how to install LSD?

4eftePaseo

Fresh Recruit
has anyone installed there own? any specific steps i should take or things to watch out for when putting mine in?

4eftePaseo

Fresh Recruit
Well at least someone else wants to DIY their LSD. So far i know the only thing im worried about is shims. I was told that differentials usually have shims inside the transmission so im wondering if they're for centering or something... and is there a seal or gasket used for putting the transmission back together?

AzE_B

Member +
its easy to fit if your mechanicly minded when you spilt it open only do it about a inch and theres to 12mm bolts you need to undo, when putting it back together just need to use instant gasket and make sure it goes in all gears before putting the box back in

Jeffers_21

Member +
Im gonna have ago and fit a TRD helical lsd. i heard that you have to crack the box a certain way otherwise little bits fall out and its a bugger to find where they go again lol. well atleast this was the case for a civic gear box my mate tried to do. ill take some pictures and make a how to when ive done mine.

(thats if my how to is any good lol)

4eftePaseo

Fresh Recruit
i have a TRD helical LSD as well, im just waiting on damn bearings and seals before i put it in. Thanx for the help Aze