how to strip the door?

Ady

Member +
DSC00658.jpg

3 screws. the inside door opener slides forward and comes off, disconnect the rod.

and the electric window swithes pop out, so you can unplug them.

the rest is clipped on, just yank it off!

Rob_00

Member +
sorry, i obviously wasnt clear

i can get the door card off but i want to take the "inside" metal part of the door off (if that makes sence)

Rob_00

Member +
just took it apart again to try and get the metal off to get inside it but still cant manage it (im sure im just being retarded) ... what do i need to undo to get this bit off ...

DSC00038.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j242/1234rob/DSC00038.jpg
iv undone the bolts underneath and all the ones on side that face you. does it need to come off the hinges (please say no)?

this is really starting to annoy me :mad: im sure it so simple but its being such a pain

edit: or how the f___ do u get the motor out with that in place?

Last edited:

Ady

Member +
you cant get the matal off, you gotta take the motor and regulator out at the same time.

just do the window down (if you can) untill you have clear access to the two bolts that attatch the regulator to the window. use a 10mm socket on an extension. then slide the window out.

undo all the bolts that hold it all in place, then it willl all fold up and it is designed to come out of the largest hole in the door. just move it around till it comes out.

like i said on uksc, the motor itself is not "starlet specific" you can get one from a different toyota, waaay cheaper that way ;)

Rob_00

Member +
you cant get the matal off, you gotta take the motor and regulator out at the same time.

just do the window down (if you can) untill you have clear access to the two bolts that attatch the regulator to the window. use a 10mm socket on an extension. then slide the window out.

undo all the bolts that hold it all in place, then it willl all fold up and it is designed to come out of the largest hole in the door. just move it around till it comes out.

like i said on uksc, the motor itself is not "starlet specific" you can get one from a different toyota, waaay cheaper that way ;)

nice one, appreciate the help