how to wire alpine headunit into citroen nemo

glanzanut

Lifer
Having a nightmare with this :/
Basically from what i can see the female iso on the nemo loom has a four wired pins one is constant live one ground. And there is two thinner gauge wires. There is no switched live i dont think. Any ideas how to wire an apline head unit to work?

dac69er

Super Moderator
my sister fiat punto was the same. she just had to remember to turn it off. the other option is to steal a switched live from elsewhere. try the 12v power socket/cigarette lighter. or somewhere near the ignition.

as long as you have a live and ground you can get it to work.

glanzanut

Lifer
See the thing is mate the headunit only works with the live and switched live wired in but if you link them both into the permanent live on the nemo loom then it starts going crazy saying theres no fuel air bag is off ect ect :/

dac69er

Super Moderator
sounds very strange. havnt done much on french cars so not sure. maybe the current draw is strange which makes it throw a fit? might be worth getting a permanent live from elsewhere. i would suggest the cigarette lighter as that wouldnt be so sensitive to strange loads!

glanzanut

Lifer
Yeah its weird but i remember tried to put a cd player in a punto before and it did the same saying no fuel ect. You wonder how the standard unit works tbh

dac69er

Super Moderator
I never had any issues with the punto. The original stereo just needed to be turned off manually.