HRF inner valve retainer pictures wanted.

NosydneW

Member +
I've got another brand new set for sale !! very rare piece of kit tho !! if you search in my posts you can see some pics of the set I am using in my engine.

turbok79

Member +
If you have a set for sale pm me a price nosydneW. I'm looking into having a set made that take a bike shim. What size shim do the HRF retainers take? Still would like some pictures. Seen them somewhere.

350ep70gr

Member +
If you have a set for sale pm me a price nosydneW. I'm looking into having a set made that take a bike shim. What size shim do the HRF retainers take? Still would like some pictures. Seen them somewhere.

Hrf kit dont use a separate shim.The bucket has the shim attached underneath and you cant change it or adjust it. The size of the shim is as small as on bikes shims but hrf kit is one piece shim and bucket together.

Chris

turbok79

Member +
Im sure iv seen a picture of a HRF retainer and I was sure you sat a shim on top. Like on the bike shims. Ther was a picture of a STD retainer and the HRF retainers fitted next to each other. The HRF one was bigger and had a ring for the shim to sit in.

NosydneW

Member +
HRF kit are shimless buckets .

High revs won't split shims with these.
Adjusting occures on the nipples inside the buckets to the right height.

Just like Chris said !

The kit is rare but if you wanna rev as high as we do, it's the way to go.
This kit comes with HRF springs buckets and custom retainers.

ready to ship. I'll pm you the price

turbok79

Member +
V got a set of Yaris lifters for my set up. Can't budget for a HRF kit. Not sure it's what I'm looking for any way. The big valve kit would work for me but again the price. So will be having a set of retainer made that except a bike shim. Simple. But I'm still sure iv seen a retainer that takes a shim.

350ep70gr

Member +
Dude this is a HRF shimless bucket. http://s723.photobucket.com/albums/...turbo1 head/?action=view&current=DSC02586.jpg.
The shim is inside the bucket where the long shaft of the micrometer touch to.And all this is one piece thing. If you need to do any adjustments you cant change the shim. I always do precise grinding on the valve stem face to adjust the gap.
More or less it is the same bucket with the one from the yaris. The retainers are a bit different than standard 4efte one tho. And the shim inside will not touch the retainer but only the valve stem. If it touch the retainer at all you will have major problems.

Chris