hybrid ct9 vs td04

Andyep82

Member +
would like to know what sort of power you have had from the ct9 hybrid and td04 and how much it has cost as will be forging next year and would like to know if its worth paying out for a td04 and mani etc or just buying a hybrid and putting it on and drive away sort of asking for a power to cash ratio ha

Timmy

Member +
I wouldn't bother forgeing for a ct9 hybrid. Cost wise if you go for a uk built hybrid there's not alot in it. I would be more concerned about the type of car i was building. If you'r going more drag go td04 or hybrid is more street.
From recent results it seem hybrids are catching up td04's on power output now.

Kelly

Member +
I wouldn't bother forgeing for a ct9 hybrid. Cost wise if you go for a uk built hybrid there's not alot in it. I would be more concerned about the type of car i was building. If you'r going more drag go td04 or hybrid is more street.
From recent results it seem hybrids are catching up td04's on power output now.

I wouldnt agree with that at around 1.3bar td04's make the 270bhp mark what hybrid ct9 does that?

Timmy

Member +
I did say catching not on par.
1.3 to 1.4bar on a hybrid might hit 250bhp but you need have a goodun with upgraded bearings. Plus virtual no lag which i would rather have than a td04 with 270bhp with mild lag and you probably best forge it on a td04 at that boost lots more cost than too.

Kelly

Member +
I did say catching not on par.
1.3 to 1.4bar on a hybrid might hit 250bhp but you need have a goodun with upgraded bearings. Plus virtual no lag which i would rather have than a td04 with 270bhp with mild lag and you probably best forge it on a td04 at that boost lots more cost than too.

well your idea of catching must be diff than mine :p

Where are these 250 figures coming from? you said "might" whereas a td04 is common practice with supporting mods and ecu to hit the 270mark at that boost.

Would like to see some hybrid ct9 graphs in this thread so ppl can compare properly :)

Gee

Member +
Got to agree, not seen a CT9 produce nowhere near that of a TD04L at full efficency, but this is irrelevent.

What we want to know is, what are your goals? Do you want a quick point to point car, instant boost? What power are you aiming for?

Please think about what you want from the car and if possible get a ride in a hybrid and a TD04L boosting 1.4bar.

Think I know which you will prefer.

Timmy

Member +
Turbodave has hit 220 @ 1.1bar on his hybrid, i believe he wants to push it to 1.4bar. So we will see what he can hit. I't would be nice to see someone push one of toby's hybrids to the limit as they've got the internals to support 1.4bar.

Timmy

Member +
Got to agree, not seen a CT9 produce nowhere near that of a TD04L at full efficency, but this is irrelevent.

What we want to know is, what are your goals? Do you want a quick point to point car, instant boost? What power are you aiming for?

Please think about what you want from the car and if possible get a ride in a hybrid and a TD04L boosting 1.4bar.

Gotta agree with that, too many varibles to consider on a hybrid. First you got to know what you want from the car.

Andyep82

Member +

ive been in nicks from tuning developments and thats td04 and thats really quick
i want to break the 200bhp barrier really as most starlet owners like to do but im not wanting to build a drag racer, reason why i am forging is my engine will have done 175kms soon an i think a hybrid might shorten the life thats left init the engine still runs perfect as it is and has just been mapped and bin running a bar of boost on the standard ct9 for a while

Timmy

Member +
If the compressions good i'd just go for it. Whats the worst that will happen? You end up forging it anyway or personaly i'd just stock rebuild it, there are draw backs to forge engine.

Andyep82

Member +
If the compressions good i'd just go for it. Whats the worst that will happen? You end up forging it anyway or personaly i'd just stock rebuild it, there are draw backs to forge engine.

compression has been tested a few times and its fine couldnt run a td04 on standard though

Timmy

Member +
Yeh people do it all the time. It's advised that you should forge if you go over 1 bar but personaly i wouldn't i think the engine can take 250bhp on td04 as long as you use peoper engine managment rather than an rrfpr.

Andyep82

Member +
Yeh people do it all the time. It's advised that you should forge if you go over 1 bar but personaly i wouldn't i think the engine can take 250bhp on td04 as long as you use peoper engine managment rather than an rrfpr.

well im running a emanage blue

yan

Member +

Personally for u timmy, what is the cheapest way to reach 250 bhp a td04 or a hybrid ct9 (i mean the one speedvision is selling now).

weakboy2

Member +

Why on earth would he spend nearly as much on a stock rebuild, just for it to crack a piston 5-10000 miles down the line?? i dont see any drawbacks to a forged engine thats been properly built, apart from a bit of noise from the pistons when cold?

i would also say 270bhp on 1.3bar on a td04 is slightly ambitious TBF, more like 1.5bar+

anyways if i were you and i was forging, but wanted to try the different options, i would go hybrid first, if you dont like it sell it on, you wont loose much money at all.

Timmy

Member +
Personally for u timmy, what is the cheapest way to reach 250 bhp a td04 or a hybrid ct9 (i mean the one speedvision is selling now).

If i wanted to garantee 250 it has to be a td04 as you can't be sure you're what you will get with a hybrid. But to me figures are just bragging rights i'd buy a turbo on what i want out the car.

Gee

Member +
Why on earth would he spend nearly as much on a stock rebuild, just for it to crack a piston 5-10000 miles down the line?? i dont see any drawbacks to a forged engine thats been properly built, apart from a bit of noise from the pistons when cold?

i would also say 270bhp on 1.3bar on a td04 is slightly ambitious TBF, more like 1.5bar+

anyways if i were you and i was forging, but wanted to try the different options, i would go hybrid first, if you dont like it sell it on, you wont loose much money at all.

Well, it's all in the tune and engine build IMO.

I got 275hp on 1.4bar, but hardly much difference between 1.4bar and 1.5bar.

Atleast 2 others have made the same at 1.4bar.

Anyway, you will get different readings on different rolling roads on different days so who cares.

TD04L will make more power and torque than a CT9. End of.

But this does not matter either depending on the application the person modding the cars wants and is looking for.

Timmy

Member +

You won't crack a piston without det. So if it's gonna happen it would happen well within 10k miles. You're much more likely to bend a rod. As for cost difference that depends whever you rebuild it yourself or not as labour is a massive amount of the cost.

As for dissadvantages of a forged engine, i believe there are quite a few hence why you don't get a forged engine standard.
Noise as you mentioned, increased oil consumption, blow by, increased weight of internals, less ring stability, and the bore will ovalise quicker.

Fro

Member +
I think as people have mentioned its more what you want from the car. I just bought a hybrid cause i think it will suit me and my driving style better, but someone is/was selling a td04 kit on here for £360 which is fairly tempting!