Hybrid Turbo (tong turbos)

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I am believe Tong Turbos and Kitaro are differant people, I think Kitaro was acting as a middle man

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
i reacon you should check out the feedback on UKSC and check if you want to deal with them

tosa2tosa

Member +
got one on mine
way better than the standard tubby
was put on by a previous owner tho and the valves went
was rebuilt by a company in leeds.....now has a 2yr warrenty

99glanzav

Banned
got one on mine
way better than the standard tubby
was put on by a previous owner tho and the valves went
was rebuilt by a company in leeds.....now has a 2yr warrenty
the hybrid you have is a less superior one to the one pictured above....you have a s-core rather than a g-spec....the s-core is which its only very slightly very basic upgrade than the original turbo....im assuming you bought your car off tom16v....

tosa2tosa

Member +
the hybrid you have is a less superior one to the one pictured above....you have a s-core rather than a g-spec....the s-core is which its only very slightly very basic upgrade than the original turbo....im assuming you bought your car off tom16v....

i did indeed ;)
so is it no gud then?
feels alot faster than a standard one, still real new to glanzas so dont know that much about them yet.Know it aint no td04 but was jus looking for sumthing pretty reliable at the mo as still got another yr of uni to go

99glanzav

Banned
i did indeed ;)
so is it no gud then?
feels alot faster than a standard one, still real new to glanzas so dont know that much about them yet.Know it aint no td04 but was jus looking for sumthing pretty reliable at the mo as still got another yr of uni to go
i pushed 198bhp out of my glanza once with that same ''hybrid'' turbo,but comparing it to standard ct9 theres not much difference at all,tom didnt keep it long...he rebulit yours recently so it should last...mine blew after about 5weeks of boosting:p

tosa2tosa

Member +
holy hell bet u were happy lol
so wot set up did u have same as mine or did u have ecu with a re map as well?
yeah even got the receipt, one of the reasons y i decided to buy the car
wot sort of boost do recon i shud run on standard internals?

99glanzav

Banned
holy hell bet u were happy lol
so wot set up did u have same as mine or did u have ecu with a re map as well?
yeah even got the receipt, one of the reasons y i decided to buy the car
wot sort of boost do recon i shud run on standard internals?

Blitz LM front mounted intercooler
Apexi avcr type r boost controller
Apexi rev/speed meter (delimited speed)
Greddy e-manage ecu
Full stainless 5zigen exhaust system (no middleboxs/straight through)
Japspeed stainless decat
Stainless manifold
HKS actuator 1.0 bar
HKS fuel cut defender
uprated fuel pump
uprated plugs
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Apexi turbo timer
Blitz sus power air filter
Forge dump valve
Apexi 1.3 high performance radiator cap -->>was the engine setup i ran 1bar daily drive on ct9 and 1bar or higher daily drive on the hybrid(keep in mind the hybrid blew after 5weeks) boost pressure is up to you man,but as said 1bar deffo or if you go over that the turbo may blow(but at least you have 2yr warrenty:)) stock internals can take 220++ when tuned correctly

Starbus

Member +
i pushed 198bhp out of my glanza once with that same ''hybrid'' turbo,but comparing it to standard ct9 theres not much difference at all,tom didnt keep it long...he rebulit yours recently so it should last...mine blew after about 5weeks of boosting:p

I've got this bine on my car.

Its done about 5k miles now still ok. Only running 1 bar and it made 202bhp. I was thinking of increasing the boost to 1.2 this week. What was you running when yours went?

I guess the turbo's are not balanced very well which causes them to fail?