I know im gonna get some flack about my purchase lol

jimmer

Member +
Well I have eventually sold my GT after nearly 6 years of ownership, through happy tuning days/weekend car days, through sad broken days and off the road days, then into enjoyable back to near standard days for a year and a half, but i came to the point where i couldn't justify having a car so small as it was a nightmare fitting my mountain bikes into it, so needed to get something slightly bigger, and always had an incling for a vtec so have been looking at either a civic vti 5 door mb6 shape or an accord type r depending on budget.

But I have spent money on the house and taking my dad over to england to watch the last round of the btcc in silverstone for his 60th so the budget was low lol, but found a civic vti-s mb6 shape, inside said small budget lol.

It has some paintwork needing sorted, usual stonechips on front, scuffs and scratches on bumpers and recently had a light crunch in the back so tailgate has a slightly bigger gap than normal but the bodywork is fixed and there is no damage to floor or anything structural. But the whole car is solid underneath, arches are clean from rust, has 104k, and interior is mint with 3m already wrapped on interior parts. Got the whole car for £850, lol which after the drive home i spent today changing the oil filter, oil, coolant an fiddling/tidying bodywork and interior bits, still plenty to do, but nice to ave a new project to tinkle at :)

I have to admit, im enjoying the experience of a different type of power delivery, the engine although being a stereotypical hate noise wise, i have to admit it has a grin factor rev appeal lol, you do have to wait but once its on the cam it really does encourage enthusiastic driving lol.

And on top of that, the very best thing by a mile is the diff they come standard with, i have driven a dc2 before and didnt believe the diff in the vti-s would be as tight, but it really is, i scalped a couple of roundabouts in the wet to see if i could feel the diff working and it makes a lot more difference than i thought. Its now one thing i really wish my GT had in it too when it was running 260 ish bhp lol.

Sorry about the long story, I guess that comes hand in hand with a saturday night drink lol.

pics to follow

Last edited: