I NEED to get it OUT!!!

rb69

Member +
I'm talking about the old stereo in my Glanza of course!
It's an old Kenwood double DIN one and it came from Japan with the car. I can't see anywhere to put any release keys and it doesn't want to budge! Can anyone help at all?
p1010002gt4.jpg

Derek

Lifer
A knife down the side force it out, or if you can get your hand in behind it push it from the back.

rb69

Member +
I had a quick go at sticking my hand round and trying to push it out last night, i completely missed the stereo and out popped two cup holders! Didn't even know i had any till then!!!

Derek

Lifer
Is there definitly no release key slots on the side of it? Knife is another option always does the trick for me.

rb69

Member +
on the left side there is a tiny slit but i wouldn't have thought you could get a release key in it. and that's only on one side anyway

Derek

Lifer
You should be able to force it out with a bit of elbow grease, some radios can be a bitch.

rb69

Member +
I only had a quick look last night but i will have a proper go at it after work. Cheers for the help mate!

Beaker

Member +
It took me about 4 months to find the cup holders as well, at least I'm not the only one!!

rb69

Member +
It does look kinda cool, thing is it's not wired up, even if it was it would need a band expander and i haven't got many cassette's i could play in it! plus I've got a better one to go in.
It does feel very solid too so yeah it's probably quite weighty!

to take it out completely if u can't get the key to work

1)remove the plastic trim around the front of it----it clips in and 2 screws.
2)unplug the switches---dont forget to wire them back up when reinstalling...they can only fit one way, so dont worry
3)unscrew the 4 screws which hold the brackets holding the stereo
4) unscrew old stereo
5) replace with new stereo and wire up correctly
6) reverse process

rb69

Member +
i haven't even got a key though. thought they would be near impossible to get for an old one.
so does the plastic trim around it just come off with a bit of force? Sorry if i sound a bit thick, i just don't want to snap anything off if its screwed in!

tosa2tosa

Member +
DO NOT FORCE IT
unscrew the 2 screws holding it in the gently pull it from the middle and it will come out well easy
the screws are facing directly up to the sky (under the fans i think)

its well easy mate

abbott

Member +
you dont need a key mate follow the instructions on the other post its easy enough mate. if you cant do it i will do it on mine and take pics as i do.

rb69

Member +
Cheers for all the help lads! I will give it a go tonight and let you know tomorrow if i have any probs. Thanks again!

Glanza-V

Banned
Ignore the REST and do this.... this is the right way....

Dont YANK, DONT SCREW, and Make sure u dont pull to many wires when unplugging the System

to take it out completely if u can't get the key to work

1)remove the plastic trim around the front of it----it clips in and 2 screws.
2)unplug the switches---dont forget to wire them back up when reinstalling...they can only fit one way, so dont worry
3)unscrew the 4 screws which hold the brackets holding the stereo
4) unscrew old stereo
5) replace with new stereo and wire up correctly
6) reverse process

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
once the surround is off it'll look something like this

DSCN0017.JPG

undo the 2 screws and the assembly should just slide out

DSCN0018.JPG

DSCN0020.JPG