ICE help please.....

drew

Member +
Ok,

I'm not sure this is in the right section but im just after some opinions thats all.

My glanza came with no headunit just a big space where a double din unit used to be, so ive sorted my self a lower slot out, and found an alpine headunit that im gonna get.

However ive been in touch with a local ice dude near my area, and hes sent me a few product suggestions over.

I'm not really into spending loads on "ICE" but just want to update my 2 10cm speakers lol and maybe get a amp and sub.

The guy ive spoke to has suggested some Powerbase amps and some ground zero front speakers. Obviously hes the expert and has offered me a good price, but i've never actually heard of these products ive found the sites etc, just wondering if anybody has heard any reviews on these?

Thanks

monka

Member +
havent heard of powerbase myself.

but i fitted a set of ground zero components to a mates corsa the other day and they sound ok.

personly, purely underated but excelent stuff, try the inphase stuff, just launched a new range.

my mate brought them from the ice shop i work in, sound so good for there rep its untrue.

depends what you have to spend mate. i've got a full system sorted for mine for less than £300 notes.
2jbl amps,
10inch jbl sub,
6.5 inch components. should be pretty loud, and as a budget company, the only stuff i would buy.

you've started off with a great headunit though, personly think alpines are the best, ive tried various headunits in the same installs and the alpines have always managed better sound.

if you want pure quality, and money isnt an problem, go for a full alpine install.

drew

Member +
Thanks for the comments, yeah will have a look about.

All i want is uprated front speakers and an amp and sub.

Dont wanna spend to much but i suppose if places have sales on then i might be able to pick up a bargin, as i'd rather sepnd the money on a new mani and induction kit.

I'll keep looking, any other feedback would be great.

Are jbl anygood? I always think of them as motorworld specials...but do they do the trick?

monka

Member +
for a cheap brand i think they are good yeah. just got a bad reputation due to chav's.

the new range they have looks good, and a few cars i have heard all sound good.

cole

Member +
ive found your best bet for ice is ebay by a mile evry time i see anything in a car shop i go check it on ebay and somtimes you can save well over 100 quid for the same item