Iced windows, inside

malcolmgt

Member +
I'm finding now that my windscreen is iced on the inside. It normally get moisture on it and obviously freezing.

Anything I can do to prevent this. I will check the under back seat gromits but this is a joke. Can't be scraping ice off the outside and then the inside too!!

dac69er

Super Moderator
you have a water leak somewhere, most likely.

also, if your only doing really short journeys then the car wont heat up and the moisture will just stay in the car.

malcolmgt

Member +
you have a water leak somewhere, most likely.

also, if your only doing really short journeys then the car wont heat up and the moisture will just stay in the car.

When I use the car its longer journeys and it does go, its really annoying.

any tips for making sure moisture doesnt arise? Or finding the leak?

heard something about using coal?

dac69er

Super Moderator
check the footwells, they are the most common leak points. just feel around on the carpets for damp and trace it from there.

if you have matts in your car, they could be dripping wet too. take them indoors overnight and try and dry them out.

I leave a dehumidifier container thing in my car as I havnt been using it over the winter. it doesn't really help much tbh. when you get sun then freezing cold it will create the condensation on the windows and then it will freeze, it can happen to most cars a few times a year if the conditions are right.

Rev

Member +
As said best is stop the leak.
Wool will remove mosture from the air maybe a rug in the car would help.
If you have aircon hot or cold on the windscreen usually works may need heater depending on the situation. Some cars have a cold and hot control that does both at once.