idle problem since engine swap

alotofpower

Fresh Recruit
some of you know i swapped from 4efe to 5efhe in my ep82, ever since the car ticks over from 700 to 1500 and keeps going up and down, as soon as im driving its perfect, the problem is only there when im stopped (like in traffic or at a red light), i swapped tps and the problem is still there:confused: its very annoying and causes unwanted attention, any ideas??? thanks in advance, alan.

Mark-ep91

Member +
might be a vacuum leak my hose off my boost gauge came off before and it ticked over at high revs so id say check over all hoses and intercooler pipes first man

mate take your idle control valve off and clean it out very common with these....... does it do it all the time even when hot and goes up and down from 700 to 1500

alotofpower

Fresh Recruit
i dont have any intercooler. its non turbo. the problem is there constantly. hot and cold its just reving up and down. i will clean the icv and report back

blitzep82

Member +
check the vaccum pipes on the back of the inlet manifold. i had the two vaccum ones with water and another mixed the wrong way round and changed them and my problem has gone.

try that, there is a picture on here of the correct layout for the four/five pipes i think :)

alotofpower

Fresh Recruit
i took off and cleaned the icv but still no change, i was messing around with a few of the vacuum pipes and noticed that when i unplug the vacuum assist (blue plug on fire wall) then the problem stops but i lose all power... can anyone post a link or picture for the set up of the pipes under the intake manifold, thanks again