idolling / timing

tommrs

Member +
got an ep82 the other day! dont know how long its been stood but after replacing dizzy cap, ht's, plugs and ignitor and after id fitted the fmic, decat, straight through exhaust and relocated air filter and ripped the air con out it finally sprung too life! definitly needs some belt dressing ( shes a screamer ) but at idol its sitting at 1800-1400 and just revving up and down between those figures! is this just the timing or idol control valve or something way wrong with it? i have done the timing on glanzas before so know what im doin but what should the perfect idol be? any info would be much appreciated

mech5107

Fresh Recruit
I have a simillar issue in a 2etelu...

I think that it's a problem of the cold idle thing under the throttle body.
No i wanter if this think could be opened and cleaned...???

tommrs

Member +
im hoping its just a simple problem! haha! im not at my car atm so cant have a look! hoping someone can give me a definite answer! haha! perfect idol on ep82 anyone?

tommrs

Member +
cheers rev! installed a fmic today so could make sense :) could no power steering fluid cause this, cause surely they create a vaccum? or it that a sealed unit in itself?

Rev

Member +
cheers rev! installed a fmic today so could make sense :) could no power steering fluid cause this, cause surely they create a vaccum? or it that a sealed unit in itself?

The power steering has a sensor that adjusts idle up / vaccum when the steering wheel is turned past a certain point. Not sure whether it turns on or off with no fluid. Would say Steering Hydraulics vacuum is separte to Air Intake vacuum but they interact via the sensor.

poke

Member +
that idol is very high,try your trottle possion sencor at the top of the inlet some1 could be after messing with it,its got a little black cover over it you just put a flathead screw driver in and just screw it down,but the way its reving up and down sounds like a vacuum leak!

tommrs

Member +
ok mate cheers! any ideas where the weakest point is? put a fmic on the second day i had it so might have missed something :(

poke

Member +
your idol should be between 800rpm and 1000rpm mate,fitting a front mount wouldnt make any difference to the idol unless 1 of the pipes blew off then it would cause the car to idol up and down revs!!check boost gauge pipe if you have 1 and inlet vacs...

tommrs

Member +
ive got it down to around 1100-1200 by just checking and tightening all clips etc. but theres a solenoid or something right in the back drivers side of the engine bay and 2 vac lines comin from it! 1 goes to the inlet mani but ones spare and have no idea where it goes! any help?

Rev

Member +
ive got it down to around 1100-1200 by just checking and tightening all clips etc. but theres a solenoid or something right in the back drivers side of the engine bay and 2 vac lines comin from it! 1 goes to the inlet mani but ones spare and have no idea where it goes! any help?

This link is agood start -
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?21882-vacuum-diagram&highlight=vacuum+diagram

The others not shown are passengers side sensors for a/c and i think one for power steering idle up.