Import vs non import?

Schism

Fresh Recruit
Right, so I obtained a quote online through quinn, I filled out all the details but after putting in the registration details it came up as a GT Turbo 3dr, although after having looking through the drop down options there was one for GT Turbo 3dr (import). I have the log books and import certificate so clearly its an import (and im not aware of any models that arent an import?) but if even though its listed as a GT Turbo (with no import beside the brackets) would this make any difference in the event that I needed to make a claim?

I mean at the end of the day.. Imported or not, the details on the policy state that is a GT Turbo 3dr (which it is) but the difference in price is pretty big, somewhere in the region of £600.

Reason I want to know is if I can get it cheaper legally, I will. But I dont want to insure it as something its not even though it is imported! At the same time I dont want to be one of those that cruises around in a vehicle with valid insurance.

Any help on this matter is appreciated, thanks! :)

davehart

Member +
I would not think it makes much difference as the car is the same in both cases. I know some places online do list it like that but if in doubt I would ring them up to ask for sure why they have two models listed on the system.

They never made a UK model of the GT or Glanza so all GT Turbo's are imports but if they list it as a GT Turbo with the correct model and year for the car then its fine.

Have you tried popping in the reg? Mine always come up as a 5dr Gi model for some bizaare reason but on the logbook its down as a GT Turbo.

scot-ish

Member +
do not insure it as anything other than the gt turbo import, you wouldnt believe how anal insurance companies are when theres a smash, not worth the hassle