Importing a car.

Ben89

Lifer
Right, I've been looking for a nice glanza for a while as a daily. I've been and viewed a few and tbh I haven't been happy with the condition of them really.
Now I've decided to pursue importing one from Japan. I've looked at some of the "fresh imports" from some of the big importers in the uk and feel they have them overpriced. Now I know the exchange rate isn't exactly on my side but I don't care really.
My next problem is who do I speak to, I've emailed a few people but haven't had anything back, I've emailed monkys.jp which had a good rep but not sure if they are still trading.
I emailed Trevor off here but had nothing back.
Enzo is apparently not importing anything? Although I haven't emailed him.
Are sites like tradecarview ok? Not sure if I trust them?
Anyway any advise/guidance would be brilliant! Many thanks!

triple j

Member +
its a waste of money importing these days u will be robbed man, but if u have the money work away, am sure u could find what u want between the uk and ireland.

AdamB

Member +
Looked on tradecarview a few times lately myself, they don't seem to be too badly priced, although to get a good one they are about £2500 before importing. Plus shipping, registering, mot'ing, taxing the vehicle it will be near enough £3800.

Ben89

Lifer
3.8 isn't a problem I don't think. I won't be looking to get rid any time soon. If I'm completely honest I just don't want a glanza that's had the absolute shit raped put of its ass by some kid. Also I don't want to be buying a car that's been over for a while with a list of problems!