Importing advice

Rich

Member +
Some may remember me, most probably wont :) I had a nice quadlight not too long ago but sold it to go out on a honda adventure (biggest mistake i've ever made) I now want another 82 but im a student and money isnt exactly falling out of my pockets so I would like to try and import one myself to keep costs to a minimum. It hasnt got to be a minter as i dont mind spending money over time, its just not often a student comes across £2500 in one go and i need another gt.

I've done quite a lot or reading before and im quite aware of most of the parts involved but you can never have enough info.

So if anyone knows of anything i need to know, the best place to source one and any contacts in the motherland who are known to be reliable it would be really appreciated as i miss my ep soooo much.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long read :slap:

Rich

Member +
just not got £2500 spare at the minute, buying one straight from japan would work out cheaper, well more than likely

Rich

Member +
just a follow on, does anyone know any exporters at all that i can have a look at, struggling to find many starlets :(

jamesgtturbo

Member +
i looked into it a while ago , and to just import one car its a lot of hassle to set up , only really pays off if your trying to get a few over and plan on selling them, as stated earlier in the thread maybe cheaper to find one already in the country.