injectors maxing out

lanxter

Member +
Well had the car mapped tonight and the standard injectors maxed out at anything over 6k boost on TD04.

Anyone had this problem before?

Using a custom mani, downpipe, stand alone DTA S60 ecu.

Tunning developments 255ltr fuel pump and sard fuel reg set at 3.6bar.

Pulls really well at 10psi mind.

lanxter

Member +
Yes buddy standard injectors. Had it at 3bar before matey and was maxing out still so upped it to 3.6bar and gained an extra 300rpm before they maxed out.

Car pulls extreamly well just wondering if its down to the better map with a standalone ecu or theres something ive missed?

BallıGee

Member +
1 bigger injectors
2 low the fuel pressure
3 duty should be around 85% 90%max

imo 440cc at 1.3 bar boost at 3bar fuel

what ecu you using?

lanxter

Member +
Yeah I'm going to order bigger injectors mate we only upped the fuel pressure to see if could get the duty cycle to stop maxing out over 6k revs.

ECU im using is a DTA S60 Full stand alone ecu.

http://www.dtafast.co.uk/S_60_PRO.htm

Just had people saying it shouldn't be maxing out at 10psi of boost and wanted to check there was nothing I'd missed.

Car pulls well and AFR's are nice just maxing out over 6k.

My tuner said I need bigger injectors.

Yeah I'm going to order bigger injectors mate we only upped the fuel pressure to see if could get the duty cycle to stop maxing out over 6k revs.

ECU im using is a DTA S60 Full stand alone ecu.

http://www.dtafast.co.uk/S_60_PRO.htm

Just had people saying it shouldn't be maxing out at 10psi of boost and wanted to check there was nothing I'd missed.

Car pulls well and AFR's are nice just maxing out over 6k.

My tuner said I need bigger injectors.

maybe some 360cc or 460cc will benefit you--depends on how much boost u plan to run and the overall set up
try http://speedvisioncps.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=10&zenid=fda93a5a30f3898ad4527518e7657309

lanxter

Member +
thanks matey, I'm looking at some 440's at the min as its going to see 1.4bar .

After looking it turns out the turbo isn't a TD04 its a IHI turbo its the same flanges and downpipe fitting but the inlet is a fair bit bigger.

Unsure exactly which one it is though as the writing on the plate of the turbo seems to have faded off.

thanks matey, I'm looking at some 440's at the min as its going to see 1.4bar .

After looking it turns out the turbo isn't a TD04 its a IHI turbo its the same flanges and downpipe fitting but the inlet is a fair bit bigger.

Unsure exactly which one it is though as the writing on the plate of the turbo seems to have faded off.

hmmm...maybe the plate is just dirty...just wipe it off properly and see if you can tell which IHI turbo you have..........as they are several......the particular turbo you have will also play a part in what size injectors you need

lanxter

Member +
Ive tryed matey and its faded cant read what it says at all the back housing looks the same size as the TD04 but the inlets definately bigger.

lanxter

Member +
I would get 550's lad but think they will be a bit big for what I want. My tuner thinks a set of 440's should do it