Innovate Wideband Trouble !

FeNder

Member +
heya everyone ,

ive been running the innovate lc-1 for some time now ,
only calibrated it before use , didnt do it again as recomended ,
its been working fine though , i know ive been running real rich , i think the sensor needs cleaning or something ?
all wiring and s/w are correct , afr is stuck at 7.4 min not related to throttle ,
recalibrate or have a go at cleaning that sensor ?

Fatman

Member +
It sounds like you need to do a free air calibration, check the manual for the steps required. You'll need to pull the sensor out of the exhaust.

Starbus

Member +
ty man ill do that , tight wiring n such but gotta do it and take the sensor out !

What you need to do is,
Unplug the LSU1 sensors from the LC1 (black box) Remove sensor from exhaust>
Connect the power for 10 seconds. I.e. turn ignition on.>Turn ignition back off for 10 seconds.

Connect the sensor back up> wait while it calibrates, > wait a further 2 minutes, then put the sensor back in the exhaust, you can turn the ignition off and do it with the sensor not connected. But i'd try and leave the sensor connected up to be honest.

finx

Member +
it is possible to do a free air calibration while the sensor is still in the exhaust.
leave the car for 12hours without running it, this gives all gasses in the exhaust system time to disperse. then do the re calibration before you start the car.

it wont be a tru full free air calibration like it would if you removed it from the exhaust but it will save you allot of pissing around trying to take the sensor out and putting it back in when it may not even be the issue. it will give you an idea of whats going on and weather all that it needs is re calibrating or if the sensor is dead or possibly a further problem.