Irritating Clutch knocking sound

StarbowBoi

Member +
Hi there, I have just bought a glanza and when at idle and driving it makes an awful knocking sound, when the clutch is engaged it dissapears. What is the solution to this irritating sound, any help would be much appreciated.

wee-jo

Member +
Could be the thrust bearing in the clutch, is it louder after you've driven it an come to a stand still?

wee-jo

Member +
I would check if its an aftermarket clutch, I had the same problem with mine, took it out and replaced it with a standard one and the noise went away. When you press your foot down on the clutch does the noise go away yeah?

StarbowBoi

Member +
yeah thats right the noise goes when clutch is down, i have been told its an exedy active clutch but im not sure if it really is and if this is just the replacement exedy standard one or aftermarket, shall i just go 4a new clutch then?

wee-jo

Member +
mines was aftermarket but the bearing shouldn't break, its just the type of clutch it is so you can replace it with the standard exedy one or just keep it on, its up to you mate

StarbowBoi

Member +
cheers mate, il put up with it for a little longer, where is the best place to get a standard clutch for a decent price?

turboflow

Member +
if the noise stops when you push down on the clutch pedal its the geabox mine was doin it and i have just changed it all thinkin it was both clutch and box but turbs out it was just box

manny2008

Member +
yeh mine seems to make that sound too and i have an aftermarket clutch. do i need to replace the box to make it go away? if i leave it it's not going to mess up on me is it?