is possible make 260 whp with 4e-fte?

Janki

Fresh Recruit
this is my question can i make 260 whp with this..
my setup:
rods fat (starlet GT)
Turbo T25
manifold custom
2.5 exhaust
AEM Water/Methanol Kit
port and polish head with angle job
manifold of admission polish and ported
injectors 480 cc (Evo 7 GTA)
Apexi S-AFC 2

please give some tips..

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
this is my question can i make 260 whp with this..
my setup:
rods fat (starlet GT)
Turbo T25
manifold custom
2.5 exhaust
AEM Water/Methanol Kit
port and polish head with angle job
manifold of admission polish and ported
injectors 480 cc (Evo 7 GTA)
Apexi S-AFC 2

please give some tips..

With just only these mods simple answer is no..........

With correct mapping/tuning - Yes :)

Rev

Member +
I think this is usually done with stand alone ecu and some plug and play. You will find at stock pressure your injectors and stock dc limit you and you lose 10% to stay under fuel cut if using a safc2 so power is going to be 210whp ish.

Whereas using a plug and play with no fuel cut and running higher duty cycle plus you can take the safc2 trim to 0% at the top end and get the most out of your injectors gives you a bit more. Fuel pump upgrade for the power your are seeking is usual and larger map sesnor depending on how your ecu fuels above the stock map limit in the quest for 300 fhp / 260whp?

Apexi safc2 will take out 50% so should idle those injectors at stock fuel pressure people seem to use 440cc maybe some one can confirm this. I think the 480cc must have the same lag time as stock though.

Last edited:

Janki

Fresh Recruit
I think this is usually done with stand alone ecu and some plug and play. You will find at stock pressure your injectors and stock dc limit you and you lose 10% to stay under fuel cut if using a safc2 so power is going to be 210whp ish.

Whereas using a plug and play with no fuel cut and running higher duty cycle plus you can take the safc2 trim to 0% at the top end and get the most out of your injectors gives you a bit more. Fuel pump upgrade for the power your are seeking is usual and larger map sesnor depending on how your ecu fuels above the stock map limit in the quest for 300 fhp / 260whp?

Apexi safc2 will take out 50% so should idle those injectors at stock fuel pressure people seem to use 440cc maybe some one can confirm this. I think the 480cc must have the same lag time as stock though.

my friend remenber the AEM water/methanol kit , whit him you think that i need upgrade the fuel pump ?

AdamB

Member +
Can be done and has been done with just using a SAFC, you'll just have to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors and trim off the excess fuel. Not ideal though as you can't really adjust ignition timing which is where power is made. You could advance the base static ignition timing to say 12-14 degrees if your going to run the water/meth kit.

Rev

Member +
my friend remenber the AEM water/methanol kit , whit him you think that i need upgrade the fuel pump ?

Typically people say the stock pump is good for 250 fhp you are going way beyond that. Also with water meth you are flowing water meth plus the fuel for the same HP so more flow involved, injector size must suit total flow not just power.

skevosEP91

Member +
I made 253whp on a Vf24 and a SAFC-2 at 1.5bar on a forged 4E if this can help with shity manifold on a Cyprus summer midday where the outside temp was about 40 C...

Janki

Fresh Recruit
Typically people say the stock pump is good for 250 fhp you are going way beyond that. Also with water meth you are flowing water meth plus the fuel for the same HP so more flow involved, injector size must suit total flow not just power.

you think is not enough 480cc ?

Rev

Member +
you think is not enough 480cc ?

Starlet has lower fuel pressure so if your injectors are rated at 480 @ 43.5 psi ? 3 bar like most they will be > 407.10cc @ 31.29psi
for example are comparable to 430cc 7mgte injectors that are rated at 2.5 bar which gives_____________ > 399.39cc @ 31.29psi .

Base fuel pressure will be turned up for those injectors I don't know the limits of that method but a lot of experience here so a site search should help.

@ skevosEP91 Thanks those numbers are very encouraging especially for that heat I know too well how those temps really heat up the engine bay and intercooler pipes.

Last edited:

Janki

Fresh Recruit
I made 253whp on a Vf24 and a SAFC-2 at 1.5bar on a forged 4E if this can help with shity manifold on a Cyprus summer midday where the outside temp was about 40 C...

thanks for the information , tell me what order spec , fuel pump ? inyector ? type of fuel ? polish and port head ? admision stock ?