is this fuel cut

djmbj

Member +
its happend twice now, 1st time in 2nd gear put me foot to the floor she boosted really hard then felt like i.d just ran into the back of a hgv then the samething in 3rd gear the other day down the dual carrageway, each time i've had a peak reading of 0.94 hkpa of boost on my blitz boost controller but still only have standard ecu in at the mo should i not be seeing fuel cut before, i've had a ratch can't find a fcd or anything,

+ i'm getting a vac reading of - 48 when she's ticking over is this ok ?

H_D

Member +
sounds like fuel cut pal....does the eml come on at all when this happens,
usually it will come on and swicth off if its a soft ful cut but if its a hard cut the light usually stays on untill u switch the car off and turn it back on....do a diagnostic check to see if you find any fault codes i think fuel cut is code 34(excessive boost pressure) a FCD will stop fuelcut but you will also need a FPR.

Last edited:

djmbj

Member +
cheers, i'm not getting any warning lights + if it is fuel cut how come i'm getting close to a bar of boost should it not kick in about 0.82 bar

max9650

Member +
i'm getting fuel cut too, no ECU light, where is the best place to buy a FCD+FPR? i don't have an ebay or paypal account.

djmbj

Member +
i'm getting fuel cut too, no ECU light, where is the best place to buy a FCD+FPR? i don't have an ebay or paypal account.

you could set up a paypal an get one off this site theres always fellas on here selling, or try camskill.co.uk or fensport.co.uk they have plenty of starlet parts or TM-developments.com great site for starlet parts + he sells on here to