Is this normal for a panhard rod?

nyahbingi

Member +
Happen to notice the stock panhard rod on my EP82 has a bend in it and was wondering if this is normal?

If not any ideas on what could have caused it? And how will it affect the car in any manner?

Pics below

A L 3 X

Member +
Hmm mine was straight on my ep91 mate, but was also not roUnd like yours and the Cusco that replaced it, was like a rectangle shape with a hollow bottom so maybe the 82 differs?

Nippon

Member +
Should be straight when the car is at standard height. Looks like someone has bent it instead of buying an adjustable one and shortening it when the car was lowered.

Nippon

Member +
As long as the alignment has been checked and its all ok i cant see it doing any harm. Its just a bit of a bodge.

If the alignment hasnt been checked then the above post is most likely the case.

asad_EP5DR

Fresh Recruit
you have ae86 panhard rod fitted, they have a kink on one end to clear the diff housing/reaching the filler plug easier/clear the exhaust too iirc

nyahbingi

Member +
As long as the alignment has been checked and its all ok i cant see it doing any harm. Its just a bit of a bodge.

If the alignment hasnt been checked then the above post is most likely the case.

Alignment has been checked and is good.