Jam fcd

si-87

Member +
just got a mk1 GT today, thats got a JAM FCD fitted (without any fuelling mod) great!!!

im planning to take it off to prevent any damage being done, do i just unwire then everythings back to normal, also if i do begin to hit fuel cut is there no choice but to keep it on but fit a rrfpr?
if i can manage without it what sort of price are they worth?

Last edited:

glanzajoe

Fresh Recruit
What boost is the car running at currently? U mite be ok if it's been boosting below fuel cut, but why was it fitted in the first place??they normally fetch between £50 to £70.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
the jam one wont lean your fueiling under fuel cut.. will operate only at the fuel cut point and above.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Jam and greddy are fine unlike hks's... self adjusting, leave it fitted

well.. hks ones are good too. they lean all the rev range.

with the jam bcc you upp the fuel presure to compinsate for the extra boost past fuel cut.. and will run more rich under fuel cut!

with the hks fcd the extra fuel under fuel cut will be leand so more power low down...

i dont know if i worded that fine haha sry.

si-87

Member +
thanks for the info, very helpful
Glanzajoe: have no idea why it was fitted as i said it was fitted when i brought the car, it boost's upto .9bar which is a bit worrying, but the boost gauge is fitted to the BOV, might try it on the MAP sensor see if the boost drops to >8bar. if not guess id better get it off

Last edited: