just fitted side exit exhaust (pics)

089.jpg

090.jpg

091.jpg

what does everyone think i dont know if i like it or not? i havnt started it up yet because im waiting for 2 td04 gaskets so its just loosly bolted together at the minute. ive cut the hole 12mm bigger than the tip of the exhaust in the bumper so i can fit something around it to stop it touching the bumper and probably melting it but im not to sure what to use yet. any ideas?

superspat

Member +
was thinking of doing the same, think its wicked but the old bill arnt to keen on side exits, so just sticking my screamer pipe out the bumper for now, looks good tho mate

dac69er

Super Moderator
the police arent that worried about side exits. mine isnt too loud under normal driving.

i want to stick mine through the bumper, but once that done the bumper will always have a hole in it if i decided to change the change to a different exhaust. just comes out under the bumper on mine ;)

thats what i was going to do with mine but ive got a hrf front bumper aswell so i thought if i cut a hole in the standard one and dont like it i can just put the other one on. did you notice much in performance when you fitted yours?

dac69er

Super Moderator
mine is on my ep85 so dont know as its the only exhaust i have had on it since the turbo conversion. does the job fine though. sounds ok and drives ok ;)

ok ok. well i think i should notice a difference in power because ive changed it from a jasma exhaust system with 2 cats in. am i right in saying a jasma exhaust is a standard japanese exhaust system?

dac69er

Super Moderator
jasma is a bit like an E marked item in europe. it is just a standard for exhausts in japan. i assume you need a jasma certified exhaust to drive a car on the road in japan????

thefalls

Member +
Let me put it this way,what's the motivation behind everyone's idea to go for a side exit?

Any major advantage to a full exhaust? I assume its less restrictive,meaning lesser back pressure.

Did anyone of you see lesser lag?

Some complain of the tractor'ish sound,anyone with a soundclip?

Awaiting your responses.

Thanks.