K26 turbo reconditioning - A/R & flow maps?

aiki_joker

Member +
Hello ppl, I am due to go 5e soon (hopefully) and I have a K26 turbo possibly from an Audi that was run on one of Danes Starlets.

I am due to get it re-conned soon (hopefully), I'm getting it ceramic coated but I am wonderin if I should get the internals modified instead of just sorting the shaft play? Does anyone know what the best option would be - it is a big turbo for the 1.5 so I do not think that there's any point is increasing the flow(?)

Is it possible to change the journal bearings for ball bearings? - I'm going for mininum spool up and 300 to 350 BHP at 1.5 bar.

Is there an optimum A/R for this, or a turbo/compressor flow map that I could send turbo dynamics to work to? (I've heard they are pretty good for turbo modification?) - Apologies for the long post, rep added for good info as it should be.

Spec list is:
Fully forged 5e
Ported/Polished/Gas Flowed Head
5 Angled Valves
Wiseco Low Comp Ceramic Coated Forged Pistons
Pauter Forged 5E Conrods With ARP Bolts
4AGE ARP Head Bolts
4AGE ARP Crank Bolts
Custom ACL Bearings
TRD 0.6mm Head Gasket (Due to Low Comp Pistons)
Cruise 256/256 Billet Cams
HRF Inner Shim Kit inc Springs, Retainers and Buckets
SARD RRFPR;
SARD 550cc injectors;
High flow fuel pump
Blitz FMIC;
Stainless Mani;
Blitz Nurspec-R Exhaust;
Decat Downpipe;
Magencore 8mm Leads;
Blitz Superspound BOV;
GReddy Trust Induction Kit;
Full Ogura ORC Twin Plate Clutch (including Lightened Flywheel);
Kaaz 1.5 LSD;
GReddy Emanage Blue;
GReddy Profec e-01 Boost Controller;
GReddy Filter Relocation Kit;
Oil Cooler;
Zep Radiator

Cheers
Pete :)

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
What compression ratio are u aiming for? Remember the 1.5 even with lower compression pistons still runs about the same if not slightly more compression than a stock 4E.

aiki_joker

Member +
Good question Spuddy the compression will probably similar to the 4e, if not lower as I want to run 1.5 bar boost. Toby designed the head and bottom end, I will have a word and get back with the compression ratio :)

Anyone got recomendations?

Last edited:

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
With the 0.6 mil HG you will have higher than 4E stock compression but the advantage of this is you will have better low down response and less lag.

1.5 bar should be grand so long as u have a good mapper.

If its the Head and Block I'm thinking it is your a lucky bast!!! I wanted the block and head but Toby never got back to me!

Pity the HRF shim kits arn't about no more, would snap one up!

aiki_joker

Member +
Excellent, tht is great :), repped. Ye Toby had two engines built, one as a spare. I came up with a huge list of parts and spent a shed load with him, top guy, the parts were pricey but absolutely mint mostly new with some one offs. Sent him a PM an email about the compression, I should really know this :)

Anyone got any ideas on the turbo?