Knocking when pulling off

superman

Fresh Recruit
Hello

I recently brought a 95 GT turbo and every time i pull off i can hear a slight knocking noise coming from the front end. It only every happens when pulling off from a standstill. any ideas what can be the problem. not had the car that long and dont know much about them so any help will be greatly appreciated. anyone in the banbury oxfordshire area that maybe able to have a look.

Thanks

stuarty1

Member +
sounds like its ur gear box mount pop the bonet and use ure hands to push the engine back and forth if there is a great deal of move ment thats wat it should b

Mine rattles ect when pulling off from stand still mate. Gt and glanza arent the best put togethor cars but engines are soild. Do normal checks ov oil water ect.any smoke if nothing then dont worry about it. If it was a bad sign it would knock when driving and get louder and faster.

cooz93

Member +
Could be the driveshaft or cv related. I have the exact same noise coming from my left front end. Maybe get the cv joint checked and see what it's like?

superman

Fresh Recruit
The engine sits in the bay solid. doesnt rock at all. The sound seems to be coming from the front drivers wheel area. oils and everything else is fine. just sounds a bit dodgy. if i pull off really slowly then it cant be heard but if i pull off normally then the knock noise can be heard. i normally hear about 3 knocks before it goes. ill jack the car up tomorow and check the cv joints to see if they look ok.

since the MOT in dec its only covered a couple of thousand miles and there was no advisories.

stuarty1

Member +
make sure its not ur gear box mount pop the bonet lift it up start the car and put it in first and pop ur head out and se if it tilts much wen u pull of a cv joint would realy only do it more hi speeds and corners

srankin90

Member +
there is a knock from the front end of my glanza as well when i turn hard into a corner but dont have a clue what it is

superman

Fresh Recruit
mine only comes about when pulling off regardless of wheel being turned. will have a gander tomorrow. hopefully its a small job. regarding the gearbox mount. how many mounts does it have.