largest battery applicable

dark_knight

Member +
what's the largest battery our charging system is capable of comfortably handling..? i'm currently running off a 38Ah but at times it feels a little 'short' if you know what i mean.. :|

dac69er

Super Moderator
it shouldnt be a problem. i would look elsewhere if you think it lacks.

you can pretty much put whatever size you want in there, it doesnt matter.

dark_knight

Member +
good stuff. will consider getting a 'larger' battery when this one retires. just didn't want to risk killing my already tired alternator by giving it extra charging load.. :)

Texx

Super Moderator
Ah is the discharge rate of the battery, it doesn't give much indication as to how powerful or more precisely the maximum current it can supply. The CCA (cold cranking amps) rating is what you'd want to know.

If its of any help, I use a 45Ah 330CCA rated battery. I replaced the battery when the old one died after 4.5 years of owning the car (the battery didn't look very new when I originally got the car). Ever since day one the headlamps used to dim slightly every time the brake pedal was pressed and all 863 brake lights on the back of the GT lit up, adding and replacing earth cables and cleaning grounding points made no difference. After replacing the battery the problem was solved.