Legal advice on damage to my car

TurboDave

Member +
Right heres the story last night at around 1am there was a row a few doors up from me between two mentalists.

The two people who live there are mentally unstable one of them is a schizophrenic and the other is just as fucked up as the first.

Well anyway last night they were having a row and it ended up with the woman trying to kill the guy with a hammer he broke the upstairs window with the intention of trying to jump out and get away from her.

Unfortunatly my car had a glass shower. The bonnet is fucked, scratched and dented from the faling glass and there is a scratch on my ns wing.

The cops came before he jumped out and arrested her now my problem is extracting the 260 pound bill to fix my car from him. The police couldnt arrest him because he was fearing for his life and was trying to escape.

As much as I would like to break his legs its still not going to pay my bill and I will subsequently be arrested etc hastle which I dont need so please none of the stab him etc lark.

My options seem to be;

Get him to answer the door (tried twice) and tell him hes got to pay. (The problem with this is I know he doesnt have any money and if he could pay he would)

Go to the citizens advice and see what they say.

Take him to the small claims court and sting him with a 500 quid bill.

Try to claim from the victims of crime fund.

I dont know what to do now its all pretty shitty the 260 quid isnt going to kill me but its not the point.

Anybody got any experience with anything like this?

ChrisGT

Member +
As harsh as it sounds, ask him for the money or take him to court over it. I mean, people have thier problems (his sound very serious) but damaging your property intentionally or unintentionally is the same in me eyes - he damaged it, he can pay for it.

goldenvtr

Member +
As harsh as it sounds, ask him for the money or take him to court over it. I mean, people have thier problems (his sound very serious) but damaging your property intentionally or unintentionally is the same in me eyes - he damaged it, he can pay for it.

Agreed.
Its a tough one and you might struggle to get any form of ££ from it but deffo go for it. ring a selicitor for more advice

Gally_1

Fresh Recruit
My car got smashed up by a load of dirty scumbags 2 weeks ago and theres nothing i can do about it as these fellas are extremely dodgey, its going to cost me around 2k to fix my car as it needs a full respray due to the paint being house of kolor paint which is also about 500 euro for the car. i also have to get a windscreen, driver side wing, quadlight and other bits and pieces. Just a bit of the story to show you how lucky you are dave mate.

goldenvtr

Member +
My car got smashed up by a load of dirty scumbags 2 weeks ago and theres nothing i can do about it as these fellas are extremely dodgey, its going to cost me around 2k to fix my car as it needs a full respray due to the paint being house of kolor paint which is also about 500 euro for the car. i also have to get a windscreen, driver side wing, quadlight and other bits and pieces. Just a bit of the story to show you how lucky you are dave mate.

Shit man! was there a motive or just vandalism?

TurboDave

Member +

I know how you are feeling mate I am not very happy to say the least now I feel like getting the boys to hold him still and then smashing his teeth out with a hammer but all it will achieve is me being arrested and sacked etc.

I am going to the citizens advice bureau tomorrow and I will see what they say.

Its a shitty shitty world we live in.

Gally_1

Fresh Recruit
No motive, just in the wrong place at the wrong time, im lucky to be alive, these guys were serious, they had meat clevers, hurleys, hachets, bats, etc

Rik

Member +
No motive, just in the wrong place at the wrong time, im lucky to be alive, these guys were serious, they had meat clevers, hurleys, hachets, bats, etc

This country is totally wank, wtf is it with people today! People like this need to be hung, drawn n frickin quartered! It's not on having 'em lose on the streets doing this to people and their property! Ah it pisses me off to hell. Need a bunch of vigilantes to take to the streets making 'em disappear!

And Dave, hopefully they will sort you out an you'll get some money out of it to sort it!

TurboDave

Member +
To update I caught up with the guy and he said he will pay the bill and he still thinks that if I want to I can still get him done for criminal damage which I cant so looks good.