loosing oil?

GT_Chris

Member +
Right since puting a new engine in my car it seems to be using alot of oil.............ive had it back on the road for about 2 months and its used 5 liters of oil?

but the car doesnt smoke, the only time it smokes is if u hit the limiter, i have noticed oil is spattering out of where the thermo connects to the head, and it looks to be leaking over the gearbox abit

Any suggestions?

madman

Member +
did you put the rubber seal in properly (i.e not bit pinch it) on the rocker cover as this is where i would guess it is leaking from

GT_Chris

Member +
I didnt build the engine mate, member: SR Starlet did thats who i brought the engine from........though i was thinking it might be the rocker cover gasket myself.

Rory

Lifer
Double check the dizzy shaft seal.

And as above, use a but of sump sealant on the cam cover gasket, just to make sure it doesnt leak.

GT_Chris

Member +
Ok cheers guys........its a bloody pain in the ass having to keep buying oil all the time..........oil light came on the other night and got me worried, turned it straight off and topped her up

ashygt

Member +
that could be whats up with mine as i have notices a puddle on top of the box and it does leak a bit from the rockercover.

stu