Loud screeching even when driving straight

ady_glanza

Member +
Hello all

On my way to work this morning, drove up the street and onto the main road, as i was driving on the main road, there was a loud screeching noise coming from the front end, this was happening when i was driving straight and also taking turns.

I was just about to pull over and have a look for the problem but then it went away. What could it possibly be as it was very annoying. I know i've had a problem with brake dust shields before but these have already been inspected and they are not rubbing?

I hope i don't get the same problem on the way back home as the initial part of the 10 miles journey back home is on a 5 mile dual carriage way with hardly any space to stop.

Any info much appreciated.

toyotagt

Member +
is the plastic liner above the wheel after falling onto the tyre? or is your wheel bearing gone
jack up each front side and hold the wheel at top and bottom and see if there is any play in it...

ady_glanza

Member +
is the plastic liner above the wheel after falling onto the tyre? or is your wheel bearing gone
jack up each front side and hold the wheel at top and bottom and see if there is any play in it...

hi mate
i had the wheel bearings checked and they are fine, also nothing seems to be touching the tyres
its a metallic screeching and very irritating noise
thanks

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Sounds like a stone has got in between the disc and shield then fallen out. See it alot in the garage.

Rob H

Member +
what are your brake pads like? does it still have the low pad warning clips on the pads? all they are is a small clip that goes on the end of the pad so as the pads get worn the clip gets closer to the disc till they start touching when the pads are badly worn. Its a better idea than a warning light as you carnet ignore it lol