Low revs

Hi guys,

Since fitting my jam ecu nearly two weeks a go I noticed the revs have dropped slightly from the standard idle.

Today that has got even worse, when I was coasting to a junction in neutral the car stalled, done this a number of times on my way home from work

Any ideas lads ?

Skalabala

Member +
How does the fuel fumes smell at the exhaust while this happens? If it is not bud just adjust the throttle stop screw for faster idle :)
Or take it for mapping(I suppose you already did after fitting)

You can't map a Jam ecu, they are plug and play

But I would get the car dynoed as jam ecus are made for a specific setup, just to be on the safe side you don't want dodgy afrs

It seems to be running rich, as Garry said the jam ecu's can't be mapped, getting it checked out next weekend so hoping it won't he anything serious :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
How does the fuel fumes smell at the exhaust while this happens? If it is not bud just adjust the throttle stop screw for faster idle :)
Or take it for mapping(I suppose you already did after fitting)

Don't adjust the idle off the throttle stop screw otherwise you will need to reset the tps position. Do it off the idle control air bleed

Skalabala

Member +
Don't adjust the idle off the throttle stop screw otherwise you will need to reset the tps position. Do it off the idle control air bleed

I know nothing about standard ECU :D Only work with full stand alone. I can not understand why people are struggling with 20+ year old management technology :(

dac69er

Super Moderator
I know nothing about standard ECU :D Only work with full stand alone. I can not understand why people are struggling with 20+ year old management technology :(

because it costs more than the car is worth to pay someone to fit and setup most aftermarket management when you are in the uk.

even with aftermarket management, you would still have to make an adjustment to the tps in some way.

Last edited:

Skalabala

Member +
because its costs more than the car is worth to pay someone to fit and setup most aftermarket management when you are in the uk.

even with aftermarket management, you would still have to make an adjustment to the tps in some way.

:( Management I use can calibrate all sensors easily :)

How do you set the CO then on standard/jam ECU?

bongskag

Member +
its supposed to be self learning / trimming

replace the fuel filter as clogged fuel filter will cause a thin fuel mixture , jam recommend every 20,000km ! #
they also say you will bend the rods if going over 1.0bar , but im sure many people have gone over that .. lol

I would recommend buying an e-manage or similar, seems the way to go if your gonna get it mapped by a pro on a dyno . a mapper wont be able to touch the jam ecu

dac69er

Super Moderator
:( Management I use can calibrate all sensors easily :)

How do you set the CO then on standard/jam ECU?

you dont. you just take it for MOT and hope for the best. if everything is running as it should the exhaust emissions should be good. even without a cat mine is just over the level for the cat test.