LSD question

Iceman

Member +
I am in the process looking for a LSD for my 94 starbo. What would you guys recommend (1.5 or 2 way), will it be a matter of just dropping in the lsd in my current box or will there be modifications and if so what modifications, what type or brand you recommend and where will i be able to get one that will not put a big whole in my pocket?

Any and all input will be welcomed thanks.

Matchew

Member +
1.5 fella there isnt a 2 way i think, there are many lsd's available, depending on your budget source a lsd gearbox of here.
Or buy your own brand new the best one to go for is a quaiffe there about £600.
Then you have to have your gearbox re-moved and split open so you can get to the diff remove the diff and fit the lsd its a 4-5 hour job at a garage so buying it new isnt cheap, but then you know what your getting.
To do it from scratch your looking at best part of a grand and whilst its off its best to change the clutch aswell tbh, but its worth doing if your planning on running big power

hardcoreep

Member +
Front wheel drive cars are recommende to use 1.5way. You would only use a 2way if you're a hardcore racer. The type and brand would depend on your use and power output.