Manual Boost controller question

ahmedsalem89

Member +
I was doing some research about MBC before buying one and I think I now understand how they work and how they are installed (between the compressor outlet nipple {pressure source port} and the waste gate right?)

my question is can I use longer hoses so I can put the MBC anywhere in the cabin??

the one I'll get is like this one
250784_10152122268615253_709164638_n.jpg

I know there are different opinions on it but it's the only one I can get in the moment

thanks in advance

Last edited:

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Keep the piping as short as possible, MBCs can't adjust and stabilise boost levels like an EBC. You can run the risk of boost spiking before the waste gate opens. It will be a fraction of a second but still enough to cause a spike possibly do damage

ahmedsalem89

Member +
I got it, I just wanted the ease of adjusting while driving and I may try to place it in the cabin first and see how it goes
and too bad It's the only one available around here and it's relatively cheap so I might just try it
also how useful it's to use a MBC on a stock 4efte?

Adwarc

Fresh Recruit
I got it, I just wanted the ease of adjusting while driving and I may try to place it in the cabin first and see how it goes
and too bad It's the only one available around here and it's relatively cheap so I might just try it

So what about the boost controller ahmed?

dac69er

Super Moderator

dont waste your money. i got one and it broke before i even got to fit it. i saw how much of a cheap piece of shit it was and threw it away. complete waste of money. you would be better off plumming the tap from your bath into your turbo and using it as a boost controller as it would work better!

Adwarc

Fresh Recruit
dont waste your money. i got one and it broke before i even got to fit it. i saw how much of a cheap piece of shit it was and threw it away. complete waste of money. you would be better off plumming the tap from your bath into your turbo and using it as a boost controller as it would work better!

Hahahahahahaha!!!That coulb be a solution...! ;)