Miss at idle and light load

laskt9

Member +
I have a 4efte swapped into my 92 paseo.

It has a miss at idle and when I rev slowly. I can see the engine shake and feel it when I rest my hand on the intercooler.

I have replaced the plugs with ngk off of the 4efte parts list on some website. Maybe tercel online or here.

The wires are new ngk clip type and the cap and rotor are from speedvision.

I can hear my fuel injectors clicking. Is this normal? They're quite loud. I can hear them over my open downpipe with cat still intact.

I have checked for vacuum leaks and have not found any. I want to get silicone lines. What sizes do I need?

Anyone have any other ideas of what to check?

goldenvtr

Member +
try spraying some wd40 in the ignition leads and see if that cures it.

fuel injectors do seem pretty loud on most the 4eftes ive head running, nothing to worry about.

noisy injectors are the norm mate i had this problem other week let it stand and get hot that's what i did not had problem since sticking idle control valve?

laskt9

Member +
Yes all the ignition system is brand new. Ill clean the idle control valve this weekend. I work too many hours. Not enough time for play

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

laskt9

Member +
20120831_194200.jpg

Should I have the piece in the red vacuum line? It goes from the intake to the map

AdamB

Member +
It looks like a small filter to me, like what you get when running a boost controller. Can't see it doing any harm, but if you have a spare piece of pipe you can always change it easily enough.
Have you checked the TPS?

laskt9

Member +
Alright. And no I haven't. I will check it this weekend. I haven't had much time

laskt9

Member +
Cleaned the icv today. Didn't help. Going to clean iac tomorrow and also recheck timing. My diagnostic port wires are cut at the ecu. Need to fix them.

wildchild

Member +
does it puff out black smoke? if yes then i guess your map is failing.
i have a similar problem in my other car. i swapped in a 4efte to my sera. temporarily running the stock wire harness, stock alternator, stock distributor and stock ecu. the turbo outlet is not connected to the intake mani. its just open and i have connected the stock TB hose to the air cleaner box as a standard setup. im thinking of running this as a standard engine for now untill i get time and money for an emanage and a spare TD04 complete kit that i have lying around. the problem is that it tries to stall when i let go of the gas pedal. then comes back to normal idle but its kinda missing. engine is hesitant and doesnt pull at all. puffs alittle bit of black smoke on high rev only. i cannot climb a hill what so ever. drives normally but not smooth. engine misses and doesnt pull. i changed the MAP from my bro's sera which has the same MAP number but problem still persists. cleaned spark plugs as well. Any help pls?

Last edited: