Monkfish's Fagwagon

Monkfish

Member +
After what seems like months of searching (it was actually 4 weeks or so) I finally found a nice MX-5. She's a 1.8 Eunos with 149,000km's on the clock, electric windows and power steering. She drives and handles brilliantly and pulled 136bhp and 114lbs.ft at a Rolling Road today. The 1.8's should be 130 so I'm happy with that. She's got a cone filter and NGK leads, not sure on plugs though. No major plans at the moment other than tidying her up as the paint is a touch flat in places.

I've been thinking of a name too and I think I've settled on Yuki, which is Japanese for snow.

DSC_2969.jpg

DSC_2976.jpg

DSC_2979.jpg

DSC_2980.jpg

More photos here... http://www.digi-fish-photography.co.uk/Gallery/v/MyCars/MX-5/

:homer:

Monkfish

Member +
No fag wagon is perfect...:haha:
Not for the age and price range I was looking at. There's some surface rust on the rear arches and a few tiny spots of surface rust underneath (the dealer put her up on ramps and I had a good nose about), but it's all minor and she's solid other than that! I'll get that sorted in the spring probably.

So when we Christening it Monky :eek:
Up to you big boy. :homer:

welcome over :D
Mate i like that!
Thanks gents. I've only had her a few days and I'm loving it already. I can't wait for the next trackday at Llandow too, she's going to get some abuse! :D

rb69

Member +
Coooeee!! Hello sailor! Nice Eunos that, think the white on black makes it look a little less camp. I love them just not the image they seem to have. Have fun mincing about in it! :haha:

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Looks nice... I still regret not buying a 175bhp N/A one with TE37's that I was offered for just £2k... I never got over the fact that I could see over the windscreen due to being 6'4"+... :D

JGT

Member +
Looks nice... I still regret not buying a 175bhp N/A one with TE37's that I was offered for just £2k... I never got over the fact that I could see over the windscreen due to being 6'4"+... :D

Definately a + on the end of that 4 marko, more like a 6"+..

On topic though, it's a cool car! I really like them and yours looks very nice :)