Moral dilema

malcolmgt

Member +
I bought an xbox, I had a slip today that said "behind back door". Bare in mind I live on a main road and our back door is visible. Also lucky i was not raining.

What would you do.

Be thankful your parcel was there.
Say to Amazon it was not at the back door as described.

This is an xbox one so a fairly hefty chunk of money and no signature taken!

ill tell you what I Chose after some posts

EP91_Chris

Member +
So your after a free xbox, aye?

Personality I would just leave it, but on the other hand Amazon isn't going to miss £400 odd.

malcolmgt

Member +
So your after a free xbox, aye?

Personality I would just leave it, but on the other hand Amazon isn't going to miss £400 odd.

I was told to pretend I didnt get it but I couldnt do that.
I have emailed and complained instead, that certainly isnt delivery! ha

5e colin

Member +
just make sure it aint damaged !!!!!! there not supposed to leave it behind when there is no1 there

Gryzor

Admin
As long as it's out of sight and not damaged I wouldn't worry about it. The courier/couriers insurance ends up footing the bill and may involve the police , would you like to continue receiving parcels from a courier you have f'd about?

dac69er

Super Moderator
As long as it's out of sight and not damaged I wouldn't worry about it. The courier/couriers insurance ends up footing the bill and may involve the police , would you like to continue receiving parcels from a courier you have f'd about?

maybe he has always wanted a turd in a box delivered to his door ;)

richglanzav

Member +
personally i would have said it was never there then when the new boxed one arrives or is compensated sell it brand new 400quid chi-ching.

Phil

Super Moderator
i would be glad i got my parcel. I hate waitign on things.

whats a 400quid scam compared to a decent courier with some initiative :)

if the courier i used to use regularly had had similar sense i would have saved a few hundred quid on petrol running to their depot, nevermind the time.

So in my opinion id say nothing.

I love a courier who takes a chance to get you your parcel quicker lol

if you thank him this time he will always do it :) result.

Phil

GP82

Member +
i would be glad i got my parcel. I hate waitign on things.

whats a 400quid scam compared to a decent courier with some initiative :)

if the courier i used to use regularly had had similar sense i would have saved a few hundred quid on petrol running to their depot, nevermind the time.

So in my opinion id say nothing.

I love a courier who takes a chance to get you your parcel quicker lol

if you thank him this time he will always do it :) result.

Phil

This!

Otherwise the moral within 'The boy who cried wolf' relates.
However the power of choice will always remain in your hands.

malcolmgt

Member +
I would have felt too bad hence not doing it.
TBF this is about the 4th time they have done this now so i dont really think the driver actually cares either way!

Delivery drivers for Amazon like hermes are CRAP!

Phil

Super Moderator
Delivery drivers for Amazon like hermes are CRAP!

Hermes are my pet hate also, they dont even ring my doorbell. just drop their calling cards.

the number of times ive been to their we hole of a depot on albertbridge road would make you cry.

Phil

I booked two collections with Hermes, both times they didn't collect it so I got it upgraded to yodel collection. Then both times they rock up 2 weeks after I had booked them expecting to collect it and one of the drivers had the nerve to give my parents the hairy eyeball for the package not being there since it had been collected by Yodel weeks ago.