MOT Advisory/Emissions Fail

mole76

Member +
Car only just passed the MOT this week!

Had a few advisories, but this is my main problem!

Can not get it to pass emissions test, Would a map sort this problem ?

She is forged with all the usual mods needed, any help or advise would be lovelly ta

Other advisories were:-

Drivers seat belt worn with slight fraying

Both head lamps not in good working order

Rear wheel bearings

Slight movement on upper attachments of Macpherson struts at front.

Front seats slightly insecure

Rear coil spring upper support worn/corroded

slight wear in steering rack

Would be looking to get these done over the next few months so if you have what i need get in touch

Cheers

Steve

CMR

Member +
I presume you have a GT, is it pre 1995?

If so they should be putting it through the basic emissions test which it will pass no problems even with a decat.
They are probably putting it through as a cat test.

mole76

Member +
I presume you have a GT, is it pre 1995?

If so they should be putting it through the basic emissions test which it will pass no problems even with a decat.
They are probably putting it through as a cat test.

It should go through as a cat test according to the data against my Chassis No:confused:

Told him about the mods and he can obviosly see its de-cat, he did put it through as the de-cat after i went on both knees lol, but he does'nt like the fact that it has to be done as an earlier model.

the car is 1992, he told me that early 1992 and backwards are de-cat only?

:confused:

CMR

Member +
It should go through as a cat test according to the data against my Chassis No:confused:

Told him about the mods and he can obviosly see its de-cat, he did put it through as the de-cat after i went on both knees lol, but he does'nt like the fact that it has to be done as an earlier model.

the car is 1992, he told me that early 1992 and backwards are de-cat only?

:confused:

No it needs a basic idle test, nothing more.
There is no model information for the GT as its an import, and as long as its pre 1995 (which it is) then only the basic idle test needs doing.. and as said, it will pass no problem with a decat.

Mike D EP82

Member +
No it needs a basic idle test, nothing more.
There is no model information for the GT as its an import, and as long as its pre 1995 (which it is) then only the basic idle test needs doing.. and as said, it will pass no problem with a decat.

it may be an import but anything from 93 onwards must have a cat test. the cats are fitted for a reason. and a car which is fitted with a cat is meant to have it fitted if its pre 93 or not but you can get away with that.

AzE_B

Member +
it may be an import but anything from 93 onwards must have a cat test. the cats are fitted for a reason. and a car which is fitted with a cat is meant to have it fitted if its pre 93 or not but you can get away with that.

THERE IS NO MODEL INFOMATION FOR THE GT as its an import, and as long as its pre 1995 (which it is) then only the basic idle test needs doing.. and as said, it will pass no problem with a decat.

i could'nt of said it better lol

Funy how many times iv seen this come up, As aze said it only need a idle test. If you struggling to pass adjust your idle and make sure it red hot or if you have any fuel management adjust for the immisions

AzE_B

Member +
my car was 9% co on idle and there was no way of getin it down (shity unichip with big injectors)

GTnomez

Member +
my car was 9% co on idle and there was no way of getin it down (shity unichip with big injectors)

exactly, it can still fail, mine was 7% and i adjusted the idle so it was on like 400 rpm but still no avail.

No aftermarket ecu or injectors either!

GTnomez

Member +
Have you actually passed it i.e got a certificate?

yes also how can you pass? as you have said that it just passed but you have more than one thing that can fail your car.

Rear wheel bearing would fail it right? and headlights not working!? they would fail you for misaligned headlaghts let alone not working properly!

GTnomez

Member +
wheel bearings can only fail if thay fill ruff or have to much play not for being noicey

even slight play in the rear bearings can fail right? as it did on my coroola gti and that was very slight. I havent seen anything about him posting that it was noisey.

mole76

Member +
Have you actually passed it i.e got a certificate?

wheel bearings can only fail if thay fill ruff or have to much play not for being noicey

even slight play in the rear bearings can fail right? as it did on my coroola gti and that was very slight. I havent seen anything about him posting that it was noisey.

Going from that original post its like hes passed the test so why worry about your emissions :haha:

Exactly! makes the thread pointless!

People please don't slag off the thread !

I have had this problem 2 yrs running, tried all sorts, Idle etc..

And all the other info the advisories ! was put ther simply for people to let me know if they can supply me with whats needed.
The advisories are on there for my benifit as i asked the guy to do so.
Please read the first post it clearly said at the bottom" Would be looking to get these done over the next couple of months, so if you have what i need get in touch"
The headlights work the adjuster on the backs are damaged so the move about but not out of allignment when stood still for the test, as above only there cos i need want good ones.

If something is not quite right i like to get it sorted before it goes pop.

maybe i should'nt worry about the emissions,however i was only trying to get some solutions to the problem!

Last edited: