MX-3 or Celica ST

MyMeganeFellApart

Fresh Recruit
Hey guys,

Found 2 cars, same price / insurance and distance etc however can't decide between the 2..ofcourse they're quite different in most respects.

The MX-3 is a 1.8 V6 and the Celica is the 1.8 ST..i understand the MX will be much faster however i've been warned of horrendous running costs + the fact i prefer the look of the Celica.

Really not sure what to go for here, anyone got any opinions?

Thank you!

CTR_Timmy

Member +
Best thing to do is test drive both cars and see what you prefer as people have their own views on cars you really need your own view only way you can do that is go and test drive them. To be honest i prefer the Celicas look nicer can be badass with the right mods

Ben89

Lifer
Mate of mine had a mx-3 and tbh it was alright handled well etc but it did like a drink used to use a fair bit of fuel,
Another mate of mine has a celica st 1.8 ukdm model, it's really nice motor not enormously fast in anyway but it's proved to be very reliable sounds nice with a manifold back exhaust and induction, is very economical too, I'd say the celica tbh

MyMeganeFellApart

Fresh Recruit
Id go celica, a 1.8 V6 just sounds gutless to me.

PS: I like your username :)

Haha cheers, went for the Celica in the end and my god it's a wonderful car..so comfortable / quiet and quite a looker!

What amazes me is it's done something like 145k miles and it feels brand new (compared to my Citroen with the same miles and 7 years newer - it was ready for the scrap heap)

:drive: