my glanza not running right

Eoin_G

Member +
hi guys this would be my first post so il say hello:)

the problem is when my car goes into the boost the car starts to shutter very quickly and loose power has anyone any ideas what it might be?

cheers,eoin

Duff

Member +
Yeah sounds very much like fuel cut mate..as said what mods have you got??..Are ya running over 0.8 bar boost?

MJA

Member +
how far into boost does it start doing it? it's unlikely to be fuelcut. Fuelcut has a similar feeling to slamming the brakes on. could be missfiring, caused by plugs, leads, distributor or rotor arm

Adam_Glanza

Member +
yeah sounds like a misfire not fuel cut, every 1 replies fuel cut these days to a running rough answer lol, take our ur plugs and clean / regap them.

check dizzy cap etc for wear! will be along these lines

rb69

Member +
Yep, check the plugs, rotor arm and leads. Mine did the exact same thing, shuddered when it came onto boost and made a low rumble sound. My first thoughts were the turbo was knackered. Checked the plugs and that solved it.

Eoin_G

Member +
thanks all for the help i am running full s/s and filter and running 0.7 bar of boost

Yep, check the plugs, rotor arm and leads. Mine did the exact same thing, shuddered when it came onto boost and made a low rumble sound. My first thoughts were the turbo was knackered. Checked the plugs and that solved it.

yea its making the low rumbling sound i thought it was the turbo my self but il check the plugs and see if that helps

rb69

Member +
It made mine sound like a subaru! I just cleaned some crap of the plugs and it was fine, so don't worry too much.