my reply to a "fixed penalty NOTICE" i received.

alan_5555

Member +
Today i received a fixed penalty notice for "non display of a tax disc" under the road traffic ACT (an ACT needs consent to apply to you)

Here is my response to them, I have written this exact letter - I have used XXXXXXX instead of my surname for the purpose of posting it on this forum for my privicy.

The Garda are revenue collectors enforcing stupid acts and statutes on PERSONS.

Let me know what you think.

Dear Mary,
I received your fixed penalty notice and I would like to accept your offer to contract upon the condition that you can provide proof of claim by responding to the following:

1. Please provide a copy of the contract, signed by both parties binding me, Alan: XXXXXXX and Garda Síochána in an agreement. A unilateral agreement is not acceptable.

2. Please provide me with a Bill, with the words ‘bill’ and ‘value’ upon the face of it, also signed by a member of Garda Síochána.

3. Please provide proof of claim that you know what a ‘Person’ is, legally speaking.

4. Please provide proof of claim that I am a ‘Person’ or a ‘Passenger’ and not a Flesh and Blood Man with inalienable rights.

5. Please provide proof of claim that there is any real money backed by anything of value with which to pay this alleged debt.

Please note that you addressed this Notice to ‘Mr Alan XXXXXXX’ which is a legal entity, a fiction, a trade name. Please address all future correspondences to the man Alan: XXXXXXX. Any letters incorrectly addressed will be returned unopened and unread. Send response to the above address in no later than 10 Days from today (10-September-2009).

Yours in sincerity and honour,
Alan of the XXXXXXX family.

Any feedback would be great....

skyinsurance

Member +
My feedback is:

What you have written is confusing, the person reading it will find it

1) amusing
2) irritating

Finally, it will get you nowhere.

Ollie

scot-ish

Member +
not clever to be a smart arse, you drive a car, with a license, thus agreeing to the regulations within the road traffic act

prepare to be shafted for being smart

alan_5555

Member +
not clever to be a smart arse, you drive a car, with a license, thus agreeing to the regulations within the road traffic act

you agree by consent, road traffic act is a act NOT a law. I do not agree nor disagree.

NOTICE = mention or refer to; point out , observation, perception, attention, or heed

I have studied law as part of my accounting degree, I'm not a sheep and don't make sheep noises and pay everything that is presented to me.

I have been reading a hell of a lot about Freemen of the land recently and this topic of "fixed penalty NOTICES" comes up all the time. Lots of people challenge things like this and are sucessfull.

I don't expect everyone to understand what im trying to do here, simply posting up the letter that i had sent back as a reply - I will keep you guys posted on this...

I will post up the reply that i receive.

alan_5555

Member +
My feedback is:

1) amusing
2) irritating

Ollie

It's not meant to be amusing or irritating, Im exercising my rights as a human in questioning things. yes i could go with the flow and pay this "NOTICE" but im not prepared to do that, Im not a sad sheep who shits his pants and opens his wallet on the back of receiving a notice..

My feedback is:

1) amusing
2) irritating

Ollie

doesn't matter if it is confusing or irritating.

Due to it being in Ireland the act its conditions and regulations is probably differnet to the one you are referring to

I doubt that tbh.

x2

I see where your coming from, but it all rides on their definition of a person under the act, also referring to yourself as a company may entale you to be a sole trader or the likes.
Good luck to you no harm in trying.

monka

Member +
also, the fact it is confusing will help his case, were i work we have an issue with the council over a shop sign, has been there for 20 years until they noticed it, and with the help of a pretty good lawyer, and some clever wording, the council have given up,

that wording isnt confusing, just cleverly worded.

jodielocks

Member +
you agree by consent, road traffic act is a act NOT a law. I do not agree nor disagree.

NOTICE = mention or refer to; point out , observation, perception, attention, or heed

I have studied law as part of my accounting degree, I'm not a sheep and don't make sheep noises and pay everything that is presented to me.

Just to give you a bit of advice, an 'Act' is a collection of legally binding rules. You have got this because you have broken one of the rules in the act, not the act itself. So you have broken the law.

The Road Traffic Act came into force back in 1988 which then meant from that point on, breaking any rules would result in legal action.

You also say a unilateral agreement is not acceptable, you have no choice in this - you have broken the law so you will have to take what they give you, until it goes to court and to be honest mate, you will sound a bit of a knob if you stand up and say stuff like what you've written in your letter to them.

The Road Traffic Act came into force back in 1988 which then meant from that point on, breaking any rules would result in legal action.

Are you referring to the Road traffic act in the republic of Ireland?

I am sure there are difference's between UK and Irish law,

no harm in trying, even if you do sound like an "idiot" fear of sounding silly wouldn't stop me

Last edited: