My Starlet EP82

JonoPhilpott

Member +
This is my First Starlet.I managed to get a straight swap on it for my dads Saab Convertable so effectively didnt cost me a penny :)
I have a 1996 toyota starlet mk2 gt turbo. It has a fully forged engine. It is running a Standard CT9 Turbo running at 1.0 bar with HKS fuel cut defender and FSE rising rate fuel pressure regulator + HKS SSQV, HKS hi power silent full exhaust system, Front a rear strut braces,tein lowering springs, boost gauge, oil temp gauge in place but not wired in, momo custom steering wheel, j performance front mount intercooler, battery relocated to the boot, oil catch can, new radiator. Just had new brake discs and pads on. new spark plugs, oil, oil filter and magnecore 8mm leads. Power flex engine. There may be a few bits more.

starlet2.jpg

starlet.jpg

starlet3.jpg

When i purchased the car the drivers window didnt work ... This made our first visit to Maccy'ds drive thru extremely eventful :/ ... I bought a second hand toyota Yaris motor and it works spot on! £30 Cheaper then a starlet one. But SSSSSSHHH its a trade secret ;)

Also the car has a set of steelies on it, although i have got a set of white alloys that just need some rubber. Im 95% sure that putting alloys on the car will improve my Traction signifcantly.

The Previous owner upset his Girlfriend and she decided to take one of her keys to the body and did a good job of it only missing the two front quarters and the spoiler... This is going to be sorted at a later date as not too worried as they have been covered with one of those pen things.

I had the car Estimated about 180bhp but for some strange reson i wanted more!!
I set about finding a Low Budget TD04 Setup... So i purchased these

Toyo Sports Manifold + Decat
Mani.jpg

Subaru Impreza WRX TD04 Turbo
It Needed a good Scrub but heeyyy gave me something to do!
TD04.jpg

I took my goodies to my mates garage stuck it on the ramp and we attacked it a 6pm at night! We kind of underestimated how long it would take, We carried on into Saturday morning and gave up as no-where was open.
I had to go and have some pipes/hoses Made up Saturday Morning.
It took us about 8 hours in total Which included Fabricating the Actuator Bracket etc.
I then asked him how much he wanted for fitting it (bearing in mind i had a ramp in his workshop getting in the way for hours) He just go on piss off up tesco's and try your car out and bring me Back GT5... So all in all it cost me £35 :) RESULT!
We had a few teething problems but nothing major :) Just a few Adjustments

Now these have been fitted im already bored so decided i wanted to go abit further.
Ive been feeling a little flush lately and ive set about buying myself some Crimbo Presents.

New 12k HID Bulbs
Bulbs.jpg

HKS Oil Filter
hks-oil-filter.jpg

Fast Road Clutch
clutch.jpg

550cc Injectors
550cc.jpg

GReddy E-Manage Blue with Extra Harnesses and Software
d5de543e.jpg

and By Far My Best Purchase... HKS EVC 5 Limited Edition
BoostController.jpg

The plan is to have all of this fitted and then have it Re-Mapped at either SVA Imports or 2BarTuning
Im aiming for a 1.4Bar Setup producing around 260-280bhp

Let me know what you think Guys + Girls... All Feedback is Productive.

Thanks Jono

sanchez

Member +
Nice mate, i remember that car for sale by a member off here.
Iirc a few other members who are mates on here built the engine.
Looks like you have set out to make it you own already mate, good stuff, keep us updated :)

Brad_L

Member +
looks nice mate.

I was thinking of getting that stainless manifold and decat but im waiting for the mild steel to come back out, Also dont you that manifold gasket they are shit ive had 2 now and both blown within a few weeks buy a new one from toyota.