Nct question

Quincy

Member +
I have a buddy club spec 2 exhaust on the Glanza and was thinking would it pass the nct with the full system on and the cat in as well?? Don'T want to put the standard one and have to take it off again!! What decibel is this exhaust??

JohnOBrien8

Member +
id say its over the limit tbh!stick your standard on for the test.wont take too long and you,ll only have to do it once touch wood!
do a google search on the decibel

Foggy

Member +
Do in with it all they can do is fail you. If you can put a block of something under the trottle pedal because they have a awful habbit of reving the tits off cars. What i usully do is put down 3 or 4 carpets in the drivers foot well stops the from opening the trottle full blast :)

Quincy

Member +
Do in with it all they can do is fail you. If you can put a block of something under the trottle pedal because they have a awful habbit of reving the tits off cars. What i usully do is put down 3 or 4 carpets in the drivers foot well stops the from opening the trottle full blast :)

Sounds good i give it a go and see how it gets on!! I see if i can get a silencer for it in case the garda give me shit about it

Last edited:

Tanz

Lifer
if you put back in your cat and a silencer i say you should be ok....
either that now or wing it with what foggy said....

Wills21

Member +
You have the cat in mate? My car passed a few weeks ago with a full system (not sure of make) and cat in, has no silencer's on it and is pretty loud. I think you should be ok.

lad the limit is 99dB, and the spec 2 will probably blow the machine up.. i had a spec 3 on a civic before and it was the loudest exhaust i ever heard.. a cat wont do a whole pile.

twin cam

Member +
just make a scilencer out of a can thats what i did and it passed grand, just cut the can in half and drill a small hole in the end

Wills21

Member +
undoubtably, but possible not enough on a buddy club, silencer with the cat might be alright

Well I fitted a de-cat on friday and the difference is immense.

In my opinion he should just send it in for the test, if it fails a retest is only 25 euro. I think it will pass as mine did with the same set up. No point in going getting a silencer put in if it does pass without it now is there.

Quincy

Member +
lad the limit is 99dB, and the spec 2 will probably blow the machine up.. i had a spec 3 on a civic before and it was the loudest exhaust i ever heard.. a cat wont do a whole pile.

There would be a massive difference between the civic and the glanza mate but i no what mean;)