Need a little guidance please.

Just come home tonight on a 12 mile motorway journey. Usually the temp gauge reads warm after about 2 miles. Left it a mile or two more then just pulled over to check water levels and shit. All ok.

Drove home about 70ish alone motorway and when i pulled onto drive after 15 min of driving car temp gauge had not moved.

Anyone else had this. These are my deductions so far.

No steam at exhaust.

Does not appear to be losing water, did top up other day but no more than i would usually expect to.

No loss in compression under acceleration.

Temp gauge has been sporadic on journeys.

Oil level is fine, water fine, both are warm after driving.

Only symptomi've noticed bar the temp gauge is I am getting next to no heat when heater is on max

Any help please? ( EP91 ). If you think you know what it is any guesstimate costings appreciated.

Thanks

L

lukey5e

mybe just flush out your rad system lad ,,,your heater matrix could be clogged if geting no heat ,,,,,,,,is you fan blowing air from the dash

Derek

Lifer
Could be air in the system somewhere flush your rad, fill here up leave your rad cap open and start her up, that should clear it.

L

lukey5e

flush your system out first lad ,,then if no change ,,termastate change,,,if no change chek water pump,and matrix thats about it lad

FeNder

Member +
i had the same symptoms before n the needle wouldnt move , twice ,
one time the wire clip on the thermostat housing was loose , second time the wire was damaged as it passed thru the firewall to the back of the dash .

The needle didnt move from cold at all yet on the journey up before it went up to normal op temperature.

Whereabouts iss the thermostat housed on these. I'm mechanically retarded.
Also what sort of price would I be looking at for one.

Ta

L

lukey5e

lad follow the rad hose you will see all the wires going into the termastate ....to remove theres 3 nuts to get termastate out hope this help i will try get you a picture now

L

lukey5e

just under there is the houseing for stat ,,,,,
S7300026-1.jpg