New crank an rod bearings?

E10-2001-CT9

Member +
i have to put in my engine new bearings. Had no problems, but building new engine. I watched at the OEM bearing in my engine, there are small number printed.I think this is the size of the bearing.
cylinder 1 got number 1 , 2
cylinder 2 got 2 , 2
cylinder 3 got 1, 2
cylinder 4 got 2, 2

so there are 2 different sizes of bearings.

If i`am ordering new OEM once i`ll take same size like now installed.
But what if i take ACL bearings? take standard size, but does i have to say at ordering what measures i have?! think the clearance is very small, so the bearings must be very accurate

dac69er

Super Moderator
those smaller numbers are on the stock genuine bearings. they are only on standard sized ones, undersized bearings are just all 1 size. they represent a slight difference in the thickness so you can get the clearances more or less spot on.

if the crank has any wear on it or you have had any work done to the crank they mean nothing. you could re-measure all the cleanrances and possibly get new bearings from toyota with different ident marks which would allow you to get everything spot on again, but its not really worth it unless your going all out blueprinting the engine or something.

if i was you i would just get the acl bearings in standard size, assuming your crank is standard? the minimal difference between the clearances with bearings that are all the same size isnt anything to worry about.