new double din radio need some help (pics)

grum-glanza

Member +
rite got this off the girlfriend for my birthday haven't been able to put it into the car because its been built at the moment (will have loads of pics of that soon;)) i want to put this in myself i have never put a doube din into a car before but i can wire up any normal radio there is just one or two wires in not 100 percent sure of

P5310039.jpg

P5310040.jpg

it has everything gps touchscreen, hd, ipod, it can even get digital tv

P5310041.jpg

i've never seen two ground wires i take it earth both of them i no what the acc and batt wires are

P5310042.jpg

its the back wire thats kinda confusing me

P5310043.jpg

also i have an amp in the boot powering two 6x9's do i wire the ext amp to the remote wire coming from the amp i dont no anything about the tv amp

P5310044.jpg

oh ya do i need these they just say audio left front, right and back there is one for a camera aswel

any help will be much apprecited

dac69er

Super Moderator
back wire is for a backview camera

that makes sense. so the back wire would go to the reverse light switch. ext amp to your speaker amp, tv amp would be to switch on an amplifier for the tv aerial if you have one.

the rca connectors are either outputs for external amps or for the rear camera input etc. if you are just using the normal speaker wires (i assume it has its own internal speaker amp?) then you only need to use the ones you want to send to an amp.

as for the grounds, just ground them well the the chassis somewhere and you should be fine.

grum-glanza

Member +
that makes sense. so the back wire would go to the reverse light switch. ext amp to your speaker amp, tv amp would be to switch on an amplifier for the tv aerial if you have one.

the rca connectors are either outputs for external amps or for the rear camera input etc. if you are just using the normal speaker wires (i assume it has its own internal speaker amp?) then you only need to use the ones you want to send to an amp.

as for the grounds, just ground them well the the chassis somewhere and you should be fine.

i wont b using a rear view camera but i do want the the tv to work on it there is an aerial for the tv but it plugs into the back of the radio do you think i might need another amp for the tv to work

dark_knight

Member +
pen & paper

here's my 2 cents: get a pen and paper. note all the connectors and what they do (from all the components) then make a connectivity chart. it may make more sense to you when you can visually see the diagrammatic linkage. from here, move on to actually testing that it works.. :)

grum-glanza

Member +
here's my 2 cents: get a pen and paper. note all the connectors and what they do (from all the components) then make a connectivity chart. it may make more sense to you when you can visually see the diagrammatic linkage. from here, move on to actually testing that it works..

thats not a bad idea i'll try that but i still have to wait to get the car back shouldn't be to long now

dark_knight

Member +
networks

@grum-glanza: i'm a network admin.. :) ..so believe me.. when you are planning virtual and core networks spanning 400+ devices, you can't afford to go connecting on trial-&-error basis.. :p lol .. it has to work on paper first..

dac69er

Super Moderator
@grum-glanza: i'm a network admin.. :) ..so believe me.. when you are planning virtual and core networks spanning 400+ devices, you can't afford to go connecting on trial-&-error basis.. :p lol .. it has to work on paper first..

thats in a completely different league though. this headunit only has a handfull of wires to contend with. all are labelled so should be easy enough