new member.... turbo sera driver!!!

Roscosera

Member +
hi folks. my name is rosco, but the name was already taken apparantly, so i'll go by the name of roscosera!!
i am only starting to post on this site now, although ive been lurking around for years. i drive a 1991 toyota sera which ive modified the balls out of. ive spent the past 2 years trying to swap in the 3sgte from an mr2 turbo, but i have now abandoned that engine swap. i have now fitted a 4efte, and so i was hoping that the experts here will be able to help me.
heres 1 or 2 photos of my baby.... look foreward to posting

rosco

Last edited:

goldenvtr

Member +
Welcome, i certainly havnt seen a sera like that before!

like lot of hardwork has gone into it fair play, is the engine modded atall?
are they Delsol headlights and modded bumper?

Roscosera

Member +
thanx. the 4efte thats in it is standard, but running a standalone ecu. its getting mapped this coming week.
i have big plans for the engine though.... i am forging the origional engine which is a 5efhe. i have a tdo4l and i am going to order a manifold and downpipe from wepr unless anyone has any better ideas. basically i want 250 bhp plus. that is why i have at last joined up the forum. i am going to start a thread on it in the correct section soon. i am bitterly dissapointed after all the money ive spent on the 3sgte swap to have to abandon it, but at least my new engine project has been done loads of times before by you guys

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Yeah that's mad hard to recognise what it is from the front good effort ;)

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask that's what were here for.

T

goldenvtr

Member +
Sounds like your copying my setup :p, check my members page if you wish and feel free to pm and questions over

Toby@ToyTuning.com

thanx. the 4efte thats in it is standard, but running a standalone ecu. its getting mapped this coming week.
i have big plans for the engine though.... i am forging the origional engine which is a 5efhe. i have a tdo4l and i am going to order a manifold and downpipe from wepr unless anyone has any better ideas. basically i want 250 bhp plus. that is why i have at last joined up the forum. i am going to start a thread on it in the correct section soon. i am bitterly dissapointed after all the money ive spent on the 3sgte swap to have to abandon it, but at least my new engine project has been done loads of times before by you guys

Well you've certainly come to the right place. Were building a crazy EP82 demo car and there are quite a few others running 250 + so there's a wealth of info here. We have one of the largest selection of Starlet parts on the planet so even if you need some impartial advice don't hesitate to ask.

What have you currently done tp the engine/chassis/brakes?

T

Roscosera

Member +
Well you've certainly come to the right place. Were building a crazy EP82 demo car and there are quite a few others running 250 + so there's a wealth of info here. We have one of the largest selection of Starlet parts on the planet so even if you need some impartial advice don't hesitate to ask.

What have you currently done tp the engine/chassis/brakes?

T

in terms of suspension and brakes, i have rebuilt ep71 front shocks and kyb rears with a coilover conversion. i have rear starlet gt setup (more than adequate) and will be getting a big brake kit on the front... just waiting for my new wheels to arrive to i can see how much room i have.
i am going to run a standardish engine setup for a while whilst building the 5e at the same time. i just need to speak to people who know their stuff

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Yeah the rear axle and stock brakes will be fine, there's only a minimal rear bias so some good pads and braided lines on the rear will be fine. The origianl drums are actually okay but they look pants, I never changed our 4efte SR's rear axle we converted many years as the wheels covered up the brakes nicely. There are around 5 5e projects going at the mo and quite a few abroad..

T

in terms of suspension and brakes, i have rebuilt ep71 front shocks and kyb rears with a coilover conversion. i have rear starlet gt setup (more than adequate) and will be getting a big brake kit on the front... just waiting for my new wheels to arrive to i can see how much room i have.
i am going to run a standardish engine setup for a while whilst building the 5e at the same time. i just need to speak to people who know their stuff

Roscosera

Member +
yeah, i know that the rear disks are more cosmetic than anything, but with the rest of the car looking like a mini supercar, i simply couldnt leave the rear drums. anyway, my new wheels which im waiting on have such a huge dish that you probably wont even see the brakes :p

anyway, i have a good few questions, so im gonna post em up in the engine section now. cheers lads

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i love that looks very cool!! very impressive mate

bodywork is mint and flows very nicely i wud be scared of driving her fast lol