no dump valve

crazygt

Member +
hello people,question, if you were not to put a blow off valve on the piping would it hurt the car in anyway?

GTnomez

Member +
some people say yes some say no.

i reckon it stresses the bearing on the turbo as it forces the air back in cause compressor surge. everyone does it for the sound it makes!

Derek

Lifer
You'll have to block up all the pipe's, the jury's still out on wether it damages your turbo or not though, tryed it on the scooby and didn't get the sound i was looking for.

crazygt

Member +
hahah so you dont think it woill mass up my turbo?well hopefully loool it flutters liek crazylol i love it i tried it once but i was a little frigtened:(

crazygt

Member +
yeh rocko/glanza that sound is crazyy it sounds liek it wants to blow outtt somethign lool thats sickk!! crazy loud i had my volume up and it nearly deffand me

ChrisGT

Member +
If I block up my DV I get very loud chatter, sounds lovely! But then my turbo is slightly different to normal CT9s so might be different!

Also, meshing your turbo = lots of creep on the CT9 stock setup!

Derek

Lifer
If I block up my DV I get very loud chatter, sounds lovely! But then my turbo is slightly different to normal CT9s so might be different!

Also, meshing your turbo = lots of creep on the CT9 stock setup!

This will be on a scooby mate cheers although the turbo is in a bad position right at the back of the engine bay ill have a tinker.

crazygt

Member +
now a another question how bout if you take off the vacum for the dumpvalve and block the vacom hose howd that wrk out?

TomS

Lifer
1. Unbolt the stock dv.
2. Remove the vacuum hose from the stock dv.
3. Find something to block the hose. I used a screw and secured it with a cable tie.
4. Remove the rubber pipe going from the stock dv to the intercooler hotpipe and improvise something to block the hole. I used a plastic wine bottle cork.
5. Reattach the stock dv.
6. Check for leaks.