no oil ight on the dash when i turn key on

buckets

Member +
what do i need to check ,oil pressure sensor ,or light at the back of the clocks anything else ?can i check with a votage meter if theres power going to the wire to the oil pressure sensor ?ive an oil pressure clock in the car oil pressure is fine but want the oil light working

dac69er

Super Moderator
take the wire off the sensor and put it to ground. if the light comes on you know its just the sensor that needs changing. if it doesnt work its likely to be either a bad connection/dodgy wire or the bulb gone.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Yes, when the ignition is on just before you start it the oil light will be on as long as its not straight after you stopped it!

George611

Member +
If its sensor or bulb will be an easy fix dude oil pressure switches are dirt cheap and bulbs are pennies worst case scenario broken wire which is also easy fix :) jus to put your mind at rest lol

buckets

Member +
If its sensor or bulb will be an easy fix dude oil pressure switches are dirt cheap and bulbs are pennies worst case scenario broken wire which is also easy fix :) jus to put your mind at rest lol
how would i check the wire mutimeter pick it up maybe ?